Mercedes EQ and Formula E Team Up for Select Races
【Summary】Four different upcoming Formula E races will be sponsored by the electrified, Mercedes EQ brand.
Mercedes EQ and Formula E are the perfect pair – both are devoted to the advancement of electrified vehicles. EQ is the Mercedes product brand for electric mobility, and Formula E is an all-electric racing series. For the 2017/18 ABB FIA Formula E Championship, the two will partner together at select races.
Mercedes EQ and Formula E make racing history
The collaboration will begin at the inaugural race in Rome on April 14. After that, the EQ brand will sponsor four races in Rome, Paris, Berlin and Zurich. Two of these races – those in Rome and Zurich – are especially significant. The EQ brand will put it's name on the first-ever CBMM Niobium Rome E-Prix. Likewise, it sponsor the first circuit racing event in Switzerland in over six decades – the Baer Zurich E-Prix.
Executives at both Formula E and Mercedes EQ are excited about the venture.
Alejandro Agag, Founder & CEO of Formula E, said: "It's great news to see a name like Mercedes-Benz increase its ties with the series to showcase their new EQ brand ahead of entering Formula E as a competitor in season six. The direction and mind-set of road car manufacturers is switching to electric and Formula E is the most relevant platform to develop and promote this change. Companies like Mercedes-Benz pushing for e-mobility again shows the unstoppable nature of the revolution currently taking place in the motor industry."
Dr. Jens Thiemer, Vice President Marketing Mercedes-Benz Cars, said: "Formula E is an agile and inspiring platform for us to present our new EQ brand to a young and technically affluent audience. Both the series and our brand stand for the move into a more electrifying future that begins today. Therefore, with our engagement in Formula E, I'm very pleased that we have the opportunity to draw more attention to the technology and product competence we have with our EQ brand."
About Mercedes EQ and Formula E
EQ stands for electrified intelligence. The brand will showcase all future electric cars, products and services from Mercedes-Benz. The automaker plans to roll out 10 electric vehicles by 2022 under the EQ marque. An electric S-Class sedan, called the EQS, is currently under development.
Formula E was first introduced in 2014 as a completely electrified alternative to Formula 1 racing. The series is the first of its kind in all of motorsports. This year's ABB FIA Formula E Championship will see 10 teams and 20 drivers compete in 10 cities throughout five continents.
Sources: Formula E
Mia is an ASE Certified Master Automobile Technician, L1, L2 and L3 Advanced Level Specialist. She has over 12 years of experience in the automotive industry and a bachelor’s degree in automotive technology. These skills have been applied toward content writing, technical writing, inspections, consulting, automotive software engineering.
Amsterdam Airport Uses Heliox Chargers to Power Fleet of 100 Electric Buses
Study Finds Nissan Leaf Battery Degrades Quicker than Expected
IEEE Spectrum Announces 2018’s Top 10 Tech Cars
VW’s 1.5L TSI Engine Touts Diesel Efficiency without the Cost
New Volkswagen Touareg Plug-in Hybrid Announced in China
SAE Showcases Vehicles that Pioneered Autonomous Technology
Wyoming Implements Connected Semi Trucks to Limit I-80 Fatalities
Commercial vehicles – the next target for cyber attacks?
- Affectiva Launches Automotive AI Software to Track the Emotional State of Passengers
- China’s FAW to Partner with BYTON to Build its Electric Vehicles
- Initial Reviews of Tesla Model 3 Are In. Here’s What You Need to Know.
- March 16, 2018 News of the Day: Lyft to Test Monthly Subscription Plan, Toyota & Uber In Talks On Self-Driving Technology
- GM Investing $100 Million in Michigan Plants to Build Autonomous Vehicles
- March 7, 2018 News of the Day: Porsche’s Mission E Turismo Sets the Bar High for Tesla, Electra Meccanica to Produce its Three-Wheeled Solo EV in 18 Months
- China to Standardize EV Technology Nationally, Plans Global Expansion
- Protean Electric and LM Industries Partner on Self-Driving Electric Shuttle Olli
- March 12, 2018 News of the Day: Trump Blocks Broadcom’s Takeover of Qualcomm, Faraday Future Begins Winter Testing of its Beta Cars
- Denso Invests $800 Million in Chipmaker Renesas