BDO announces appointment of new UK motor retail head
【Summary】BDO has appointed Chris Bond as its new head of motor retail in the UK, replacing Steve Le Bas. Bond, who has been with the firm since 2013, is known for his understanding of taxation and ability to navigate the challenges faced by motor retailers. BDO offers a range of services to the sector, including accountancy, tax advice, and support for R&D and M&A opportunities. Le Bas will now focus on leading BDO's Southampton team.
BDO partner Chris Bond has assumed the role of head of motor retail in the UK, taking over from Steve Le Bas. Bond, who has been part of BDO's motor retail team since 2013, has developed a strong reputation for his understanding of taxation changes and their impact on retailers. He works closely with the firm's largest motor clients, helping them navigate tax and commercial challenges and introducing various consulting services offered by BDO.
Bond acknowledged that the motor retail sector is undergoing significant changes, including the transition to the agency model, the rise of electric vehicles, the potential impact of AI, and challenges related to the skills base. As a result, BDO is expanding its focus beyond audit services to provide broader advisory and consulting support to dealers in this evolving economic environment.
BDO is a prominent audit and advisory firm in the UK motor retail sector, and its international network is expected to play a growing role as more overseas investors enter the industry. The firm offers sector-specific accountancy, tax and business advice, as well as assistance with research and development and merger and acquisition opportunities.
Bond expressed gratitude for the foundation laid by Steve Le Bas and Malcolm Thixton in growing the team from a Southampton-based center of excellence to a UK-wide, cross-service offering. He looks forward to further developing relationships with key stakeholders in the sector.
Le Bas, who has been head of motor retail since 2019, will now focus on leading BDO's Southampton team while maintaining his interest in the automotive sector.
- Opportunity for Electric Vehicle Tires
- Honda's Ambitious Goal: 4M Electric Motorcycles by 2030
- Pentagon's Expansion of EV Dealership in Response to Chinese BYD
- Volta Trucks secures buyer as key creditor finalizes agreement
- Locked-in Kids: Skoda Drivers Demand Solution to Unexpected Car Locking
- Mazda Backs AI Startup's Effort to Accelerate EV Design and Development
- 52 kWh Battery, 297 km Range WLTP, V2G Capability; Unveiled at Geneva 2024
- Watch Tesla Cybertruck Delivery Event Live
- Cybertruck deliveries begin, dual-motor launch trim priced at $60,000
- Saab-engineered Nevs Emily GT rescued by Canadian EV company