New Electric SUV from SsangYong to Arrive in the UK in 2024
【Summary】The SsangYong Torres EVX, an all-electric SUV, will be launched in the UK in early 2024. It features a 73.4kWh battery, a 201bhp electric motor, and a range of around 260 miles. The SUV is larger than SsangYong's other electric model and offers a spacious cabin with 839 liters of boot space.
The all-electric SsangYong Torres EVX is set to make its debut in the UK. The South Korean automaker, soon to be known as KGM, has confirmed that the launch of its second electric vehicle in the UK market will take place in the first quarter of 2024.
The Torres EVX was initially revealed in March and has already been available for purchase in Korea, where technical specifications have been disclosed. This electric SUV is equipped with a single powertrain that features a 73.4kWh battery and a 201bhp electric motor, powering the front wheels. On the Korean government's testing cycle, this combination allows for a range of approximately 260 miles. However, it is expected that the figures on the European WLTP test cycle will be slightly higher.
With dimensions of 4,715mm in length, 1,890mm in width, and 1,735mm in height, the Torres EVX is significantly larger than SsangYong's other electric SUV, the Korando e-Motion. It also surpasses the Skoda Enyaq and Toyota bZ4X in terms of length and height, while being similar in width to both models. Although not as wide as the Tesla Model Y, the Torres EVX is closer in length to it.
The spacious size of the Torres EVX allows for ample cabin space, making it an ideal family car. SsangYong claims that it offers a van-like 839 litres of boot space, which is 254 litres more than the Enyaq. With the rear seats folded down, the boot space expands to 1,662 litres.
Bronco Review 2023
Land Rover used car dealers experience significant profit growth
Subaru Exiga's Unlikely Success in the US
New design process for electric vehicles funded by consortium
Ferrari 812 to be replaced in 2024 with V12 power
Mercedes-Benz Dubai Tower
Mitsubishi's Upcoming Electric SUV: A Unique Redesign
Teenagers driving HGVs face criticism over new licence changes
- Suzuki Swift receives refreshed design and upgraded infotainment
- Teenagers driving HGVs face criticism over new licence changes
- Kia Sonet receives facelift with new ADAS features
- 2024 Hyundai Tucson gets a sporty N Line facelift - photos
- Ferrari 812 to be replaced in 2024 with V12 engine
- Ford's Future Electric Cars May Incorporate Tesla Innovations
- Insurance causes used Jaguar Land Rover prices to drop
- Nissan Qashqai EV price to remain competitive
- Hybrid Electric Car Market Growth Projection by 2032
- Driving ban for Michael Ball after two speeding incidents in expensive Porsche