Honda's New Super GT500 Racer Unveiled for 2024 Season
【Summary】Honda has unveiled the Civic Type R-GT Concept, which previews the carmaker's new Super GT500 racer for the 2024 season. The race car replaces the NSX-GT and features a bespoke carbon monocoque chassis, rear-wheel drive layout, and a 2.0 litre turbocharged engine with up to 650 hp. The Civic Type R-GT has completed its first shakedown test and will compete in the upcoming Super GT season starting in April 2024.
The Honda Civic Type R-GT Concept was unveiled at the Tokyo Auto Salon and the Japan Mobility Show. This race car is a preview of Honda's replacement for the NSX-GT in the Super GT championship's GT500 category.
Although it may resemble the FL5 Civic Type R, the GT500 racer has significant differences. It features a bespoke carbon monocoque chassis and rear-wheel drive layout to comply with Super GT regulations.
Honda Racing Corporation (HRC) has confirmed that the racer will be powered by a 2.0-liter turbocharged inline-four engine, expected to produce up to 650 horsepower. Cars in the GT500 class are allowed to have more aerodynamic features compared to the lower GT300 class.
The final version of the race car is called the Civic Type R-GT and it completed its first shakedown test in July. The 2024 Super GT season calendar was announced in August, with the first race scheduled to take place in April at the Okayama International Circuit.
If you're looking to sell your car, consider selling it with myTukar.
Tesla Pileup: Elon Musk's Response
Subaru's Neglected Sumo Microvan Rediscovered
Tesla Cybertruck reservations release date delay
Fusion of Camaro Body on BMW 540i V8 Touring
QX60 Speed Causes Significant Dip at 81 MPH
Ford Mondeo ST200 Spotted
2024 Hyundai Tucson facelift in N Line trim - images
- Honda's innovative concept sparks EV revolution
- Ilika achieves energy density parity with lithium
- Sales Ban on New Petrol, Diesel, and Hybrid Vehicles
- Bentley unveils electric emergency vehicles
- Locked-in Kids: Skoda Drivers Demand Solution to Unexpected Car Locking
- EV stock potential
- Stellantis CEO adeptly addresses challenging queries from auto dealers
- Electric Morgan Super3: Mapping the Future of the Brand's EVs
- Sixt Ends Partnership with Tesla Over High Repair Expenses
- Rivian's CFO Announces Affordable Battery Pack for 2024