Honda Civic Type R-GT Concept previews brand's new Super GT500 racer for 2024 season
【Summary】Honda has unveiled the Honda Civic Type R-GT Concept, which previews the brand's new Super GT500 racer for the 2024 season. The car features a bespoke carbon monocoque chassis and rear-wheel drive layout, and will be powered by a 2.0 litre turbocharged inline-four engine producing up to 650 hp. The Civic Type R-GT has already completed its first shakedown test and will compete in the GT500 category of the Super GT championship, replacing the NSX-GT.
The Honda Civic Type R-GT Concept was unveiled earlier this year at the Tokyo Auto Salon and was recently showcased at the Japan Mobility Show. This concept car serves as a preview for Honda's upcoming replacement for the NSX-GT in the GT500 category of the Super GT championship.
Although it shares some similarities with the FL5 Civic Type R, the GT500 racer is built to meet the regulations set by Super GT. It features a custom carbon monocoque chassis and a rear-wheel drive layout.
Honda Racing Corporation (HRC) has confirmed that the racer will be equipped with a 2.0-liter turbocharged inline-four engine, capable of producing up to 650 horsepower, which is typical for the GT500 class. These cars are also allowed to have more aerodynamic features compared to those in the lower GT300 category.
The final version of the racing car will be known as the Civic Type R-GT, and it has already completed its first shakedown test in July. The provisional calendar for the 2024 Super GT season was announced in August, with the first race scheduled to take place at the Okayama International Circuit in April of next year.
If you're looking to sell your car, consider doing it with myTukar.
Bronco Review 2023
Land Rover used car dealers experience significant profit growth
Subaru Exiga's Unlikely Success in the US
New design process for electric vehicles funded by consortium
Ferrari 812 to be replaced in 2024 with V12 power
Mercedes-Benz Dubai Tower
Mitsubishi's Upcoming Electric SUV: A Unique Redesign
Teenagers driving HGVs face criticism over new licence changes
- Honda's innovative concept sparks EV revolution
- Used Jaguar Land Rover models experience price drop due to insurance concerns
- Hull's Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure Expands
- Toyota's electric SUV for Europe may head to the US.
- Toyota unveils compact electric SUV for Europe; will it come to the US?
- Rivian Shifts Focus to Affordable Batteries, Downsizes Battery Team
- Rivian's Shift Towards Affordable Batteries
- Teenagers driving HGVs face criticism over new licence changes
- Greater government support for EVs
- Renault Bigster Arriving in South Africa by 2026