Mercedes-AMG GT2 Pro: A High-Performance Track Beast
【Summary】Mercedes-AMG has introduced the AMG GT2 Pro, a track-focused version of the GT2 race car. Priced at €479,000, it features a tweaked 4-litre twin-turbo V8 engine with a peak output of 740bhp. The Pro is not homologated for racing but is designed for trackdays hosted by AMG. Buyers can convert it back to standard GT2 specification if they later wish to participate in the GT2 racing series.
Building on the already-potent GT Black Series road car, the Mercedes-AMG GT2 race car was launched in 2022 as the marque's answer to the likes of Audi's R8 LMS GT2 and KTM's X-Bow GT2. Designed for gentleman racers and given more power and less aero than its GT3 counterpart, it's undoubtedly capable, but Mercedes-AMG has now taken it one step further with the €479,000 (c£416,000) AMG GT2 Pro.
The design and overall specification of the Pro is similar to the GT2 racer's, but its 4-litre twin-turbocharged flat-plane-crank V8 has been tweaked to allow for a higher peak output. The activation of a new ‘Push to Pass' system temporarily increases boost pressure for a 740bhp output, 20bhp more than even the Black Series road car – without Push to Pass, the GT2 Pro matches the ordinary GT2 with 697bhp.
The Pro is not homologated for use in the SRO's GT2 European Series, but is designed instead specifically for use at trackdays hosted by AMG in a similar fashion to Ferrari's XX and Corse Clienti programmes – a dedicated engineer, spare parts supply and coaching are all part of the setup. Should buyers later wish to compete in the GT2 racing series, the Pro can be converted back to standard GT2 specification to allow for participation.
Tesla Pileup: Elon Musk's Response
Subaru's Neglected Sumo Microvan Rediscovered
Tesla Cybertruck reservations release date delay
Fusion of Camaro Body on BMW 540i V8 Touring
QX60 Speed Causes Significant Dip at 81 MPH
Ford Mondeo ST200 Spotted
2024 Hyundai Tucson facelift in N Line trim - images
- Toyota unveils compact electric SUV for European market; could it be headed to the US?
- Sixt Ends Partnership with Tesla Over High Repair Expenses
- Chery starts electric vehicle production in Indonesia
- Volkswagen California Unveiled Before Production Debut
- 2024 Hyundai Santa Fe Unveiled in Seoul
- Toyota's commitment to combustion sports cars remains unwavering
- Locked-in Kids: Skoda Drivers Demand Solution to Unexpected Car Locking
- Ducati Bentley Diavel Limited-Edition Bike
- 4x4 Showdown: Ineos Grenadier vs Land Rover Defender vs Ford Ranger
- VW Stops ID.3, Cupra Born Production in Germany: Report