New Fiat Panda launch in 2024
【Summary】Fiat is set to launch a new Panda in 2024, with a focus on being cool, practical, and affordable. The car will feature hybrid and electric vehicle technology and will be part of Fiat's plan to release three new cars over the next three years. The new Panda will likely be based on the Centoventi concept and will help Fiat return to its roots as a people's car brand.
Fiat boss Olivier Francois has announced plans to relaunch the Fiat Panda on the global market in July 2024. The new Panda is expected to embody a chic Italian design and will be one of three new car launches for Fiat in the next three years. Francois hinted that the new Panda will draw inspiration from the 2019 Centoventi concept, while also staying true to Fiat's roots as a people's car brand.
The current Panda, which was first launched in 2011, is due for replacement. Francois revealed that the new Panda will be positioned in the B-segment, although it is still too early to determine its exact size and shape. However, it is likely to be similar in size to the Fiat 600e, with a lower-slung hatchback silhouette and rugged plastic body cladding for added protection.
In terms of powertrain options, the new Panda is expected to be offered with both pure-electric and hybrid systems. While Fiat aims to cater to the growing demand for electric vehicles globally, it also recognizes the need for a combustion option in markets where EV adoption is still limited. It is anticipated that the new Panda will feature a 48V mild-hybrid system, similar to the one introduced in the facelifted Peugeot 2008, which will provide improved fuel efficiency and reduced emissions.
Overall, the relaunch of the Fiat Panda in 2024 aims to bring a fresh and stylish option to the small car market, combining practicality, affordability, and a touch of Italian flair.
Outrageous Audi R8 DTM racer Abt XGT hits the streets
Entry-Level Mercedes-AMG GT Spotted With Reduced Engine Cylinders And Subdued Styling
Tesla Cybertruck towed before release
Electric Wrangler coming soon
Electrifying Toyota's Compact Pickup
Taiwanese Tesla supplier Hota establishes first US manufacturing facility
Mercedes replaces EQS SUV with 300-mi GLC EV at US factory
'Innovative Wheel Drive System Unveiled by Hyundai Motor and Kia'
- Toyota's Latest EVs Showcase Comfortable and Enjoyable Spaces
- Carmakers inundating market with fresh electric vehicles
- Forecaster reduces 2027 electric vehicle sales forecast
- Mitsuoka M55 Concept: Honda Civic to Dodge Challenger Transformation
- Nissan's plan for UK's biggest car factory: introducing two electric vehicle models
- Toyota Yaris Cross: A Youthful Twist on the Popular Hatchback
- Accelerating Car Development with Mazda-backed AI Firm
- Car tax revenue boost for Treasury
- Enhanced security measures against Range Rover thefts
- 2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee: Daring & Flexible