India's Honda Elevate set to launch in Japan in 2022
【Summary】Honda will be introducing its made-in-India mid-sized SUV, Elevate, in the Japanese market next year. This marks the first time a product manufactured by Honda Cars India Ltd will be exported to Japan. The move reflects Honda's confidence in India's manufacturing capabilities and its vision of making the country a key export hub. The Tapukara plant in Rajasthan is fully equipped to handle both domestic and export requirements.
Japanese auto major Honda is planning to launch its mid-sized SUV Elevate in the Japanese market next year. This will be the first time that a product manufactured by Honda Cars India Ltd (HCIL) will be exported to the highly regulated Japanese market. The SUV will be manufactured at HCIL's Tapukara production facility in Rajasthan and will be launched in Japan in Spring 2024 under the brand name WR-V.
"This strategic move reflects the manufacturing capabilities of our India operations and solidifies our vision of making the country a key export hub in Honda's business," said an HCIL spokesperson. The Tapukara plant is fully equipped to cater to both domestic and export requirements.
Elevate was introduced in the Indian market earlier this year and has been well-received. HCIL plans to introduce five SUV models in the domestic market by 2030 and also aims to bring a battery-electric version of Elevate within the next three years.
The mid-sized SUV is powered by a 1.5-litre petrol engine and comes with a six-speed manual and a seven-speed continuously variable transmission (CVT).
Tesla Pileup: Elon Musk's Response
Subaru's Neglected Sumo Microvan Rediscovered
Tesla Cybertruck reservations release date delay
Fusion of Camaro Body on BMW 540i V8 Touring
QX60 Speed Causes Significant Dip at 81 MPH
Ford Mondeo ST200 Spotted
2024 Hyundai Tucson facelift in N Line trim - images
- Nissan's Next-Gen Qashqai: Bold Design and Full Electric Capabilities
- Sixt Ends Partnership with Tesla Over High Repair Expenses
- Nissan Qashqai to receive bold redesign and electric power
- Bentley's innovative electric vehicles for emergency response
- Massive Jet Engine Creation
- Tesla self-driving technology questioned by whistleblower
- Franken-Land Rover Chassis Woes
- Tesla's Chief's Departure Dealt Blow to Supercomputers
- 2023 Volkswagen Amarok rear driveshaft recall
- Ducati and Bentley Team Up for Exclusive Diavel Bike