1988 Toyota Soarer: Uncommon JDM Car with Lowrider Aesthetics
【Summary】This news article highlights a rare 1988 Toyota Soarer, a JDM coupe, with lowrider aesthetics owned by Ryan Rea. The Soarer, imported after complying with the 25-year rule, was a dream for the owner since he was 16.
In a rare sighting, a Toyota Soarer in the US has become even more unique by taking on the appearance of an American lowrider. This particular 1988 model of the JDM coupe is owned by Ryan Rea, who recently sat down with renowned LA-based photographer Larry Chen to discuss the details of the build.
The Toyota Soarer, which shares its platform with the Supra, was never officially sold in the United States. Instead, American buyers were offered the Lexus SC. However, thanks to the 25-year import rule, the owner was able to acquire an imported Soarer - a lifelong dream that began when he first laid eyes on one at an auto show at the age of 16.
Outrageous Audi R8 DTM racer Abt XGT hits the streets
Entry-Level Mercedes-AMG GT Spotted With Reduced Engine Cylinders And Subdued Styling
Tesla Cybertruck towed before release
Electric Wrangler coming soon
Electrifying Toyota's Compact Pickup
Taiwanese Tesla supplier Hota establishes first US manufacturing facility
Mercedes replaces EQS SUV with 300-mi GLC EV at US factory
'Innovative Wheel Drive System Unveiled by Hyundai Motor and Kia'
- Nissan Sunderland's upcoming models: Juke and Qashqai
- Bentley driver's medical emergency leads to $300,000 supercar crash at Canadian border on ill-fated trip to see KISS with wife
- Electric Nissan Juke And Qashqai Get Inspiration From 'Hyper' Concepts
- Entry-Level Mercedes-AMG GT Spotted With Reduced Engine Cylinders And Subdued Styling
- Dodge Magnum SRT-8 Auction
- Electric Nissan Juke And Qashqai Get Inspiration From Cutting-Edge Concepts
- Check salary sacrifice impact
- Carmakers inundating market with fresh electric vehicles
- Hybrids: Toyota's Current Success
- Next Generation Juke and Qashqai Production Set for Nissan Sunderland