1988 Toyota Soarer: A Rare JDM Gem
【Summary】This article highlights the rarity of a 1988 Toyota Soarer in the US, especially one that has been customized with American lowrider aesthetics. The owner, Ryan Rea, discusses his passion for the imported JDM coupe and his journey to finally acquire one after years of dreaming.
Spotting a Toyota Soarer in the US is already a rare occurrence, but one unit stands out even more by blending in as an American lowrider. This particular 1988 model of the JDM coupe is owned by Ryan Rea, who recently sat down with renowned LA-based photographer Larry Chen to discuss the details of the build.
The Toyota Soarer, which shares its platform with the Supra, was never officially sold in the United States. Instead, American consumers had access to the Lexus SC. However, thanks to the 25-year import rule, the owner was able to acquire an imported Soarer - a dream come true for him since he was 16 years old when he first saw one at an auto show.
Fiat Titano Shares Peugeot Landtrek DNA
Jaguar XF Sportbrake 2024: Enhanced Value in a Spacious Estate
Michael Ball driving ban speeding twice £60,000 Porsche
Giant Windshield Wiper of Cybertruck Appears to be Flimsy
Land Rover Defender 130 P500 AWD UK road test
Land Rover Defender 130 P500 2024: Spacious and Powerful
Sixt Ends Partnership with Tesla Over High Repair Expenses
Tesla's Supercomputer Ambitions Take a Hit as CEO Departs
- Fiat Titano: Peugeot Landtrek DNA Unveiled
- Greater government support for EVs
- Tesla Cybertruck's Range Extender Battery Cost and Weight
- Hyundai Plant Russia Suspension December
- 2026 Nissan Leaf Reimagined as Stylish SUV
- Chery starts electric vehicle production in Indonesia
- PelicanTrain E-Bike's Impressive Cargo Capacity
- Toyota unveils compact electric SUV for European market; could it be headed to the US?
- Inside the cutting-edge production of Mercedes-Benz vehicles
- Sales Ban on New Petrol, Diesel, and Hybrid Vehicles