1988 Toyota Soarer: A Rare JDM Gem
【Summary】This article highlights the rarity of a 1988 Toyota Soarer in the US, especially one that has been customized with American lowrider aesthetics. The owner, Ryan Rea, discusses his passion for the imported JDM coupe and his journey to finally acquire one after years of dreaming.
Spotting a Toyota Soarer in the US is already a rare occurrence, but one unit stands out even more by blending in as an American lowrider. This particular 1988 model of the JDM coupe is owned by Ryan Rea, who recently sat down with renowned LA-based photographer Larry Chen to discuss the details of the build.
The Toyota Soarer, which shares its platform with the Supra, was never officially sold in the United States. Instead, American consumers had access to the Lexus SC. However, thanks to the 25-year import rule, the owner was able to acquire an imported Soarer - a dream come true for him since he was 16 years old when he first saw one at an auto show.
Bronco Review 2023
Land Rover used car dealers experience significant profit growth
Subaru Exiga's Unlikely Success in the US
New design process for electric vehicles funded by consortium
Ferrari 812 to be replaced in 2024 with V12 power
Mercedes-Benz Dubai Tower
Mitsubishi's Upcoming Electric SUV: A Unique Redesign
Teenagers driving HGVs face criticism over new licence changes
- Ducati Bentley Diavel Limited-Edition Bike
- Toyota's electric SUV for Europe may head to the US.
- Radical redesign and electric power for upcoming Nissan Qashqai.
- Fiat Titano Shares Peugeot Landtrek DNA
- 4x4 Showdown: Ineos Grenadier vs Land Rover Defender vs Ford Ranger
- Subaru's Neglected Sumo Microvan Rediscovered
- Closure plans criticized for Rufford ford
- Ford Ignored the Fuel Cell Truck Memo
- Hull's Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure Expands
- Bentley unveils electric emergency vehicles