Compact 2025 Optiq Electric SUV by Cadillac
【Summary】Cadillac has confirmed the Compact 2025 Optiq electric SUV, expanding its EV lineup. The Optiq will be a compact electric SUV, positioned below the Lyriq and Escalade IQ. It will feature Cadillac's signature design elements and utilize General Motors' Ultium technology, similar to other Cadillac EV models. The Optiq is expected to have a range of around 300 miles and fast-charging capabilities.
Cadillac is ramping up its electric vehicle (EV) development with the help of General Motors' investments in electrification. The automaker has confirmed that another gas-free model, called the Optiq, will be joining its lineup in 2025. The Optiq will be a compact electric SUV, positioned below the Lyriq and flagship Escalade IQ.
While Cadillac did not provide many details about the Optiq, they did unveil an image of the upcoming EV. The design features the brand's signature vertical LED running lights and a muscular shape that resembles the larger Lyriq. The C- and D-pillars have a blacked-out style, creating a floating roof appearance.
The Optiq is expected to share similarities in size and shape with the recently released Equinox EV, thanks to General Motors' Ultium technology. This technology also underpins the Lyriq, Escalade IQ, and ultra-luxury Celestiq EVs. The Optiq is likely to offer a range estimate of around 300 miles and will feature fast-charging capabilities.
Although Cadillac has not yet disclosed pricing or a specific release date for the Optiq, they have mentioned that it will serve as a new entry point to the brand's electric vehicle lineup. Considering that the base Lyriq Tech trim starts at just under $59,000, it is reasonable to expect the Optiq to start in the low to mid-$50,000 range.
Stay up to date with the latest news, features, and insights on cars by subscribing to our newsletter and becoming a TTAC insider.
- High-tech Ford Ranger release in Uganda
- Volvo Cars' Ambitious Climate Action Plan
- Tesla Cybertruck's Unique Range Extender
- Advanced Mercedes-Benz car factory
- Nissan's Popular Midnight Purple Paint Job
- Cybertruck deliveries begin, dual-motor launch trim priced at $60,000
- Electric Van Concept: Solving the HW Electro Puzzle
- Tesla showcases advanced self-driving technology in AI hiring announcement.
- Electric car charging etiquette: Unspoken truths
- Nissan reduces engine variety by 60% in electrification push.