1988 Toyota Soarer: A Unique JDM Cruiser
【Summary】A rare 1988 Toyota Soarer, a JDM coupe, with lowrider vibes is featured in the US. Owned by Ryan Rea, the car was imported after complying with the 25-year import rule. The owner's dream of owning the Soarer since he was 16 years old has finally come true.
Spotting a Toyota Soarer in the US is already a rare occurrence, but one particular unit stands out even more as it has been transformed into an American lowrider. This unique 1988 model of the JDM coupe belongs to Ryan Rea, who recently sat down with renowned LA-based photographer Larry Chen to discuss the details of the build.
The Toyota Soarer, which shares its platform with the Supra, was never officially sold in the United States. Instead, American consumers were offered the Lexus SC. However, thanks to the 25-year import rule, the owner was able to acquire an imported Soarer - a dream come true for him since he first laid eyes on one at an auto show when he was only 16 years old.
- 2024 Tesla Cybertruck: Powerful and Armored
- Tesla's participation in international emission monitoring initiative
- Electric car charging: Unspoken rules
- Tesla talks EV policy tweak
- Parking Mishap: Alfa Romeo Crashes into Porsche
- Inside the cutting-edge production of Mercedes-Benz vehicles
- Tata Motors opens recycling plant in India
- Electric car charging etiquette secrets
- Tesla Cybertruck's Unique Range Extender
- New EV drivetrain system unveiled by Hyundai and Kia