Ford's Solution for Trucks and SUVs
【Summary】Ford is developing an inflatable bumper for trucks and SUVs to enhance pedestrian safety. A recent study by the IIHS highlights the higher risks that these vehicles pose to pedestrians. While the IIHS calls for design changes, Ford's solution aims to maintain the vehicles' practical purposes without altering their design. The patent introduces added complexity and cost.
Ford is developing an innovative new inflatable bumper for trucks and SUVs in order to enhance pedestrian safety. This development comes at a crucial time, as a recent study conducted by the IIHS has confirmed that trucks and SUVs with large, blocky front ends pose a greater risk to pedestrians compared to other vehicles. The IIHS has been advocating for changes to be made in the design of these large vehicles. However, it is important to note that the wall-like front ends of these vehicles serve a practical purpose, such as increasing the approach angle for off-roaders like the F-150 Raptor.
The solution to this safety concern lies in a patent discovered by CarBuzz at the United States Patent and Trademark Office. This patent aims to improve pedestrian safety without altering the existing design of trucks and SUVs. However, it does introduce some additional complexity and cost to the vehicles.
- Nevs Emily GT rescued by Canadian EV company
- BMW iX surpasses Toyota in range with innovative battery technology.
- Opportunity for Electric Vehicle Tires
- Advanced Mercedes-Benz car factory
- CV production surges by 59%
- Revolutionizing Sustainable Delivery
- Stock's Remarkable Triple in Just 5 Years
- EVs More Reliable PHEVs Problematic ICE Cars
- Tesla showcases advanced self-driving technology in AI hiring announcement.
- Toyota Challenges Rolls Royce With Luxurious Century SUV