Oct 9th, 2017 News of the Day: Renault launches its own new energy subsidiary to develop grid products
【Summary】Oct 9th, 2017 News of the Day
Renault launches its own new energy subsidiary to develop grid products
Today, Renault announced today that it is launching its own new energy subsidiary to develop grid products. The French automaker says that ‘Renault Energy Services' will function "much like a start-up" working with other energy companies.
The subsidiary is closely linked to Renault electric vehicle effort. Renault listed some of the initiatives that its new subsidiary will lead: Smart charging adjusts battery charging rates, electric vehicles provide electricity to the grid during peak hours, EV batteries and energy storage.
Cruise acquires Strobe to help dramatically reduce LiDAR costs
Cruise, the self-driving car startup GM acquired last year, has acquired a startup of its own – Strobe, a LiDAR sensor maker that reduces an entire LiDAR array down to just one chip, which Cruise says will be instrumental in helping it reduce the cost of LiDAR on a per vehicle basis by nearly 100 percent.
Tacita launches new electric motorcycle cruiser with a massive battery pack
Tacita, an Italian electric motorcycle maker who has so far been making electric motocross bikes, has now entered the North American market and launched a new electric motorcycle cruiser with ‘up to 168 miles of range'.
The vehicle is called T-Cruise and it is offered with a 30kW electric motor, capable of 52 lb-ft of torque, according to VisorDown. to achieve this range by fitting a massive 27 kWh battery pack in the bike.
Proterra unveils new dual motor all-electric drivetrain for buses, partners with Van Hool for electric coaches
American electric bus maker Proterra made two important announcements today. The company unveiled its new dual motor all-electric drivetrain and it confirmed that it has been selected to make the electric powertrains for Van Hool's first all-electric coach.
The bus maker confirmed that their recent 1,100 miles on a single charge record was achieved with the new system, which they introduced at the American Public Transit Association (APTA) Annual Meeting today.
Lydia is the project manager of audience development and social media at Futurecar. Lydia started her career in Tokyo at a Fortune Global 500 company before moving to Silicon Valley. Lydia put her bilingual skills to the test by covering the automobile industry and entrepreneurship. Her other journalism experience includes a sports reporting internship at Titan Media and numerous freelance writing gigs. Her professional skills include content optimization, business innovation, and working with industry trends in technology sectors. Lydia holds an M.A in Public Policy from Hitotsubashi University and B.A. in Arts Journalism from Fudan University.
Nov 30th, 2017 News of the Day: Volvo’s car subscription service sounds like good way to get the new XC40
Nov 29th, 2017 News of the Day: BMW unveils new i8 Roadster and Coupe with more electric range
Nov 28th, 2017 News of the Day: Lynk & Co. starts selling an SUV with a dedicated car share button in China
Oct 13th, 2017 News of the Day: Baidu plans to mass produce Level 4 self-driving cars with BAIC by 2021
Oct 12th, 2017 News of the Day: CarGurus spikes 72% in auto marketplace IPO
Oct 11th, 2017 News of the Day: Ford invests in Autonomic to make open-source mobility service platform
Oct 10th, 2017 News of the Day: Nvidia unveils new supercomputer for level 5 autonomous driving
Oct 6th, 2017 News of the Day: Elon Musk delays Tesla Semi unveil to focus on Model 3, Puerto Rico
- Tesla Ordered to Turn Over Autopilot Data to the NHTSA After the 12th Crash Involving an Emergency Vehicle
- Embark's Universal Truck Platform Powered by NVIDIA DRIVE Converts Ordinary Class-8 Trucks into Self-Driving Vehicles
- Lucid Group Announces 2 New Air Sedan Versions, Including the 1,111 HP ‘Dream Edition Performance’
- Ford Motor Co is Recalling Nearly 775,000 Ford Explorer Models a Second Time for Rear Suspension Problem
- U.S. EPA Aims for Average Fuel Economy of 52 MPG for Passenger Vehicles by 2026
- Li Auto Takes First Place in New Vehicle Insurance Registrations for China’s EV Startups in the Month of June
- Tesla Completes Construction of its Shanghai V3 Supercharger Factory, Enters Final Testing Phase
- Volvo-backed Electric Brand Polestar in Talks to go Public via a SPAC Deal, Sources Say
- General Motors Confirms New Commercial Electric Truck and Van
- Porsche Unveils its 6th Generation Infotainment System with Android Auto & Voice Support