Tesla stock surges as Elon Musk teases ‘product announcement'
【Summary】Tesla stock surges as Elon Musk teases ‘product announcement’.
Elon Musk is going to unveil some Tesla product news at noon PT (3 PM ET) today, and the market is liking the potential, despite the CEO not providing any details. Share price for Tesla is up over 2 percent on the NASDAQ as of this writing, in anticipating of whatever Tesla is preparing to unveil.
A couple of possibilities come to mind: this has been a busy couple of weeks for autonomous driving technology news, with Ford and Uber making material announcements about their own self-driving projects, and former Tesla supplier Mobileye announcing a new partnership with Delphi to produce an end-to-end Level 4/Level 5 autonomous driving systems designed to give carmakers an off-the-shelf hardware and software suite by 2019.
Tesla's own Autopilot successor has been routed for a while now, and Elon Musk himself has said recently on a conference call that what Tesla is prepping in terms of a fully-autonomous car will "blow you away," since it "blows his mind." During the call, he also noted that Tesla's Level 4 self-driving tech would "come sooner than people think."
All of that fits with the idea that today could be the day for Tesla to lift the curtain on what it's been working on with fully autonomous vehicles. Stay tuned, since we'll have all the news regarding what Tesla's showing off later today.
resource from: techcrunch
Elon Musk confident that Tesla can attain staggering 20-fold increase in production speed in Fremont
Tesla responds to Mobileye’s comments on Autopilot, confirms new in-house ‘Tesla Vision’ product
Uber will repay thousands of riders for misleading them about tips
Faraday Future adds top VW executive to bring to market its upcoming electric vehicles
Hyperloop track construction in California is delayed
Federal funds to back Portland storefront for electric-car marketing, pop-up roadshows
Tesla announces a partnership in South Korea for first store and 25 charging stations
DOE small biz voucher awards include vehicles and fuel cells
- Tesla Sues Electric Truck Startup Rivian for Stealing Trade Secrets
- 2021 Lexus LS Facelift Brings More Tech, Semi-Autonomous Driving System
- Kia Motors Partners with Google Cloud on a AI-based Vehicle Owner’s Manual
- Torc Robotics is Expanding its Self-Driving Truck Testing to New Mexico
- General Motors Takes $2 Billion Equity Stake in Nikola Motor Co., Will Build its Electric/Fuel Cell Badger Pickup
- General Motors Forms Alliance with Japan’s Honda, Will Co-Develop Vehicles for North America
- Tesla Wins Approval to Use Cobalt-Free Batteries in its China-made Model 3
- Daimler’s Diesel Emissions Scandal Settlement With the U.S. Will Cost Roughly $3 Billion
- Mercedes Benz Reveals the New Flagship S Class with the NVIDIA-powered MBUX Cockpit
- Nissan will Unveil its New Fully-electric Ariya Crossover on July 15th