Tesla stock surges as Elon Musk teases ‘product announcement'
【Summary】Tesla stock surges as Elon Musk teases ‘product announcement’.
Elon Musk is going to unveil some Tesla product news at noon PT (3 PM ET) today, and the market is liking the potential, despite the CEO not providing any details. Share price for Tesla is up over 2 percent on the NASDAQ as of this writing, in anticipating of whatever Tesla is preparing to unveil.
A couple of possibilities come to mind: this has been a busy couple of weeks for autonomous driving technology news, with Ford and Uber making material announcements about their own self-driving projects, and former Tesla supplier Mobileye announcing a new partnership with Delphi to produce an end-to-end Level 4/Level 5 autonomous driving systems designed to give carmakers an off-the-shelf hardware and software suite by 2019.
Tesla's own Autopilot successor has been routed for a while now, and Elon Musk himself has said recently on a conference call that what Tesla is prepping in terms of a fully-autonomous car will "blow you away," since it "blows his mind." During the call, he also noted that Tesla's Level 4 self-driving tech would "come sooner than people think."
All of that fits with the idea that today could be the day for Tesla to lift the curtain on what it's been working on with fully autonomous vehicles. Stay tuned, since we'll have all the news regarding what Tesla's showing off later today.
resource from: techcrunch
Elon Musk confident that Tesla can attain staggering 20-fold increase in production speed in Fremont
Tesla responds to Mobileye’s comments on Autopilot, confirms new in-house ‘Tesla Vision’ product
Uber will repay thousands of riders for misleading them about tips
Faraday Future adds top VW executive to bring to market its upcoming electric vehicles
Hyperloop track construction in California is delayed
Federal funds to back Portland storefront for electric-car marketing, pop-up roadshows
Tesla announces a partnership in South Korea for first store and 25 charging stations
DOE small biz voucher awards include vehicles and fuel cells
- BMW Installs 100 EV Charging Stations at U.S. National Parks
- BMW Introduces ‘Smart Glasses’ to Assist Service Technicians at its U.S. Dealerships
- Ford, Volkswagen Promise Details on Electric & Autonomous Vehicle Partnership
- Tesla Delivers a Record Number of Electric Vehicles in the Quarter
- BMW, Tencent to Open Computing Center in China For Self-Driving Cars
- Sumitomo Develops a Concept Tire Sensor That Generates Electricity
- Elektrobit to Provide Software to Baidu for its Apollo Automated Parking Project
- BMW’s Electric Roadster Concept Motorcycle Features the Company's Iconic Boxer Engine Profile
- 'WeShare' is the New Electric Car Sharing Service from Volkswagen
- Volvo & NVIDIA Announce a New Partnership to Develop Autonomous Vehicles