Tesla stock surges as Elon Musk teases ‘product announcement'
【Summary】Tesla stock surges as Elon Musk teases ‘product announcement’.
Elon Musk is going to unveil some Tesla product news at noon PT (3 PM ET) today, and the market is liking the potential, despite the CEO not providing any details. Share price for Tesla is up over 2 percent on the NASDAQ as of this writing, in anticipating of whatever Tesla is preparing to unveil.
A couple of possibilities come to mind: this has been a busy couple of weeks for autonomous driving technology news, with Ford and Uber making material announcements about their own self-driving projects, and former Tesla supplier Mobileye announcing a new partnership with Delphi to produce an end-to-end Level 4/Level 5 autonomous driving systems designed to give carmakers an off-the-shelf hardware and software suite by 2019.
Tesla's own Autopilot successor has been routed for a while now, and Elon Musk himself has said recently on a conference call that what Tesla is prepping in terms of a fully-autonomous car will "blow you away," since it "blows his mind." During the call, he also noted that Tesla's Level 4 self-driving tech would "come sooner than people think."
All of that fits with the idea that today could be the day for Tesla to lift the curtain on what it's been working on with fully autonomous vehicles. Stay tuned, since we'll have all the news regarding what Tesla's showing off later today.
resource from: techcrunch
Elon Musk confident that Tesla can attain staggering 20-fold increase in production speed in Fremont
Tesla responds to Mobileye’s comments on Autopilot, confirms new in-house ‘Tesla Vision’ product
Uber will repay thousands of riders for misleading them about tips
Faraday Future adds top VW executive to bring to market its upcoming electric vehicles
Hyperloop track construction in California is delayed
Federal funds to back Portland storefront for electric-car marketing, pop-up roadshows
Tesla announces a partnership in South Korea for first store and 25 charging stations
DOE small biz voucher awards include vehicles and fuel cells
- GM's New 'Plug And Charge' Feature Will Simplify the Charging Process For its Current & Future EVs
- Federal Tax Credit on EVs Still Applies to American-Made Vehicles
- Automotive Supplier MAHLE Developed a Superior Continuous Torque (SCT) Electric Vehicle Motor That Can Run ‘Indefinitely’
- Waymo To Partner With Uber Freight on Autonomous Logistics for the Trucking Industry
- Ford Motor Co is Cutting 3,000 Jobs as it Transitions to Electric Vehicles, Software and Digital Services
- Hyundai's 2022 IONIQ 5 Electric SUV Awarded an IIHS 'Top Safety Plus' Rating
- Amazon Customers in Texas and California Will Begin Receiving Packages via Prime Air Drones Later This Year
- China’s Tesla Rival XPeng Unveils its New ‘S4’ 480kW Electric Vehicle Supercharger That Can Add 125 Miles of Range in Just 5 Minutes
- Lucid Launches New Performance Brand ‘Sapphire’ with a 1,200 Horsepower, Tri-Motor Version of the Lucid Air Sedan
- Toyota Offering Multiple Solutions for Non-Drivable bZ4X Electric SUVs