This could be Faraday Future's answer to the Tesla Model X
【Summary】Faraday Future is driving a camouflaged version of a real upcoming production EV in LA, according to Electrek.
Faraday Future is driving a camouflaged version of a real upcoming production EV in LA, according to Electrek. The site reports that a candid shot of a covered-up SUV is actually a test vehicle from the Californian would-be Tesla competitor backed by Chinese consumer gadget company LeEco.
The vehicle looks like a crossover-style SUV, similar to a Tesla Model X, and this is in line with previous reports that Faraday was looking to field a $100,000-plus luxury sport utility crossover, which would essentially slot right into the market where the shipping Tesla car already plays.
The SUV would be its first production car, after the company unveiled a far less practical, but flashier FFZER01 concept at this year's CES. The FFZER01 actually looks like something out of Nintendo's F-Zero futuristic sci-fi racing game series, and has over 1,000 HP and a sub-three second 0-60 mph time – on paper.
The circus show that is Faraday's concept EV racer is a far-cry from something you'd be able to use to get your groceries, which is why this test vehicle is so interesting. Faraday has a lot to prove in terms of stepping up as a viable EV company, after all.
resource from: techcrunch
Elon Musk confident that Tesla can attain staggering 20-fold increase in production speed in Fremont
Tesla responds to Mobileye’s comments on Autopilot, confirms new in-house ‘Tesla Vision’ product
Uber will repay thousands of riders for misleading them about tips
Faraday Future adds top VW executive to bring to market its upcoming electric vehicles
Hyperloop track construction in California is delayed
Federal funds to back Portland storefront for electric-car marketing, pop-up roadshows
Tesla announces a partnership in South Korea for first store and 25 charging stations
DOE small biz voucher awards include vehicles and fuel cells
- Volvo-backed EV Battery Maker Northvolt, Founded by Former Tesla Execs, Raises Another $1.1 Billion to Help Fund its Expansion
- Drivers of 2010-2018 Lexus Vehicles Lose Vehicle Connectivity Services Due to The Recent Shutdown of 3G Cellular Networks
- Toyota’s New ‘Intelligent Assistant’ Learns Voice Commands and Gets Smarter Over Time Using Machine Learning
- Redwood Materials is Building an Electric Vehicle Battery Recycling Facility in South Carolina
- Reservations for the Electric Fisker Ocean SUV Reach 50,000, The Company Shares New Details About its Second EV Being Built by Foxconn
- Qualcomm Ventures Invests in ThunderX, a Company Developing a Domain Controller-based Intelligent Vehicle Compute Platform
- SiLC Technologies Launches its Eyeonic Vision System, a LiDAR Sensor That Can Identify Objects up to 1 Kilometer Away
- Waymo To Partner With Uber Freight on Autonomous Logistics for the Trucking Industry
- Volvo Cars and Epic Games to Partner on a High-Resolution 3D Digital Driver’s Display Powered by the Unreal Engine
- Mercedes-Benz is Partnering with Game Engine Developer Unity Technologies to Create Immersive, 3D Infotainment Screens and Displays for its Future Vehicles