This could be Faraday Future's answer to the Tesla Model X
【Summary】Faraday Future is driving a camouflaged version of a real upcoming production EV in LA, according to Electrek.
Faraday Future is driving a camouflaged version of a real upcoming production EV in LA, according to Electrek. The site reports that a candid shot of a covered-up SUV is actually a test vehicle from the Californian would-be Tesla competitor backed by Chinese consumer gadget company LeEco.
The vehicle looks like a crossover-style SUV, similar to a Tesla Model X, and this is in line with previous reports that Faraday was looking to field a $100,000-plus luxury sport utility crossover, which would essentially slot right into the market where the shipping Tesla car already plays.
The SUV would be its first production car, after the company unveiled a far less practical, but flashier FFZER01 concept at this year's CES. The FFZER01 actually looks like something out of Nintendo's F-Zero futuristic sci-fi racing game series, and has over 1,000 HP and a sub-three second 0-60 mph time – on paper.
The circus show that is Faraday's concept EV racer is a far-cry from something you'd be able to use to get your groceries, which is why this test vehicle is so interesting. Faraday has a lot to prove in terms of stepping up as a viable EV company, after all.
resource from: techcrunch
Elon Musk confident that Tesla can attain staggering 20-fold increase in production speed in Fremont
Tesla responds to Mobileye’s comments on Autopilot, confirms new in-house ‘Tesla Vision’ product
Uber will repay thousands of riders for misleading them about tips
Faraday Future adds top VW executive to bring to market its upcoming electric vehicles
Hyperloop track construction in California is delayed
Federal funds to back Portland storefront for electric-car marketing, pop-up roadshows
Tesla announces a partnership in South Korea for first store and 25 charging stations
DOE small biz voucher awards include vehicles and fuel cells
- Lightyear One EV Boasts 450 Miles of Range, Solar Power Charging
- BMW Launching a Free Wireless EV Charging Pilot for Drivers of the 530e Plug-in Hybrid in California
- Volkswagen Announces EV Plants in China to Compete With Tesla
- Volvo & NVIDIA Announce a New Partnership to Develop Autonomous Vehicles
- BMW's Hybrid cars to Switch to Electric-Only Mode in Polluted Cities
- BMW’s Electric Roadster Concept Motorcycle Features the Company's Iconic Boxer Engine Profile
- 'WeShare' is the New Electric Car Sharing Service from Volkswagen
- GM and Bechtel to Build Massive EV Charging Network
- Continental AG to Showcase a Low-Voltage 48V Full-Hybrid Solution
- Tesla to Begin Over-the-Air Downgrades of the Model 3 Standard Range