Amazon releases auto buying research tool
【Summary】Shopping for a car? You might want to do your research on Amazon.
Shopping for a car? You might want to do your research on Amazon. The ecommerce giant just announced and released www.amazon.com/vehicles, and it's as impressive as it is comprehensive, one of the most complete vehicle research tools I've seen.
The service does not let shoppers purchase cars, but rather is just a comparison and research tool. Due to auto dealer rules and restrictions, it's unlikely Amazon will directly sell vehicles to buyers.
Interested in seeing the different features found in the various trim levels of, say, a 2016 Ram 3500 Laramie? Amazon Vehicles can do that quickly and painlessly.
Once a user selects a vehicle, they're taken to a sort of product page that features all the specs, photos and trim levels available for each model. Currently, at launch, the tool features vehicles from 1998 to 2017 though the older models seem to have less information.
Similar tools have been available for years from sites like Edmunds and Aol's Autoblog (Aol owns TechCrunch). I find Amazon's tool to be more immersive and easier to navigate in part because it operates like Amazon's standard shopping pages.
resource from: techcrunch
Elon Musk confident that Tesla can attain staggering 20-fold increase in production speed in Fremont
Tesla responds to Mobileye’s comments on Autopilot, confirms new in-house ‘Tesla Vision’ product
Uber will repay thousands of riders for misleading them about tips
Faraday Future adds top VW executive to bring to market its upcoming electric vehicles
Hyperloop track construction in California is delayed
Federal funds to back Portland storefront for electric-car marketing, pop-up roadshows
Tesla announces a partnership in South Korea for first store and 25 charging stations
DOE small biz voucher awards include vehicles and fuel cells
- Tesla's Battery Supplier CATL Unveils its New ‘Qilin’ Battery That Can Deliver 600+ Miles of Range to EVs
- Tesla Vehicles Operating in Autopilot Mode Involved in 273 Crashes in Under a Year, the NHTSA Reports
- Lucid Group Hires Key Executives that Formerly Worked for Mercedes-Benz and Tesla as it Prepares for Global Expansion and Production Ramp Up
- New Intelligent EV Company JiDU Reveals its Revolutionary Concept Production 'Robocar'
- Volvo is Building a New EV Service and Training Facility at its U.S. Headquarters in New Jersey To Fast Track its Electrification Plans
- LG Chem is Investing $3.2 Billion to Build a Cathode Manufacturing Facility for Electric Vehicle Batteries in Tennessee
- Baidu CEO Believes That SAE Level-4 Autonomous Driving Systems Will the First to Enter Commercial Use After L2, Skipping Over L3
- GM Expanding First Responder Training Program for EV Crashes
- New Premium Electric Vehicle Brand Zeekr Is Exploring IPO Options in the U.S. or Hong Kong, According to Sources
- Panasonic Announces Multi-Year Agreement to Supply Electric Vehicle Batteries to Lucid Group