Nov 28th, 2017 News of the Day: Lynk & Co. starts selling an SUV with a dedicated car share button in China
【Summary】Nov 28th, 2017 News of the Day
Lynk & Co. aims to be a different kind of car brand, with a focus on a simplified buying experience and a focus on connected an app-powered mobility experiences, and it's now officially selling its first vehicle via stores in China.
The 01 SUV is now available at around 150 dedicated brand stores and boutiques located across China. The 01 comes in four different options, which are meant to demystify the traditional trim and technology levels and options with a set menu of option at a clear price.
Lynk & Co's first car went up for pre-sale on November 17, and resulted in 6,000 preorders in 137 seconds, according to the company – selling out its whole allotment for a sales event that was intended to span three days.
Tesla Semi gets 10 more electric truck orders from delivery giant DHL, bringing reported total to ~200
The list of companies placing orders for Tesla Semi electric trucks is still growing 2 weeks after the unveiling event.
Now logistics giant DHL gives its thumb up with an order of 10 trucks – bringing the reported total orders to around 200 Tesla Semi trucks.
Jim Monkmeyer, DHL's president of transportation in North America, confirmed that they placed the order last week.
Mapping company Here buys ATS to boost its over-the-air tech
The mapping company that powers location services in 100 million cars, is today announcing an acquisition to vastly improve how it distributes and updates its data.
The company is buying Advanced Telematic Systems (ATS), a Berlin-based developer of secure over-the-air (OTA) technology, the basis for how wireless devices — including not just cars but smartphones and other hardware — get their systems updated securely — and also, these days, help feedback information to improve how those systems operate.
Airbus partners with Rolls-Royce and Siemens to build an electric airplane
Battery technology improvements are expected to soon enable electric flight and companies in the field are preparing their powertrain technology to support it.
In a major move toward that goal, Airbus, Rolls-Royce and Siemens have announced a new partnership to gradually convert a plane to electric propulsion.
The project they are collaborating on is the ‘E-Fan X', a BAe 146 plane on which they are testing their electric motor technology.
Lydia is the project manager of audience development and social media at Futurecar. Lydia started her career in Tokyo at a Fortune Global 500 company before moving to Silicon Valley. Lydia put her bilingual skills to the test by covering the automobile industry and entrepreneurship. Her other journalism experience includes a sports reporting internship at Titan Media and numerous freelance writing gigs. Her professional skills include content optimization, business innovation, and working with industry trends in technology sectors. Lydia holds an M.A in Public Policy from Hitotsubashi University and B.A. in Arts Journalism from Fudan University.
Nov 30th, 2017 News of the Day: Volvo’s car subscription service sounds like good way to get the new XC40
Nov 29th, 2017 News of the Day: BMW unveils new i8 Roadster and Coupe with more electric range
Oct 13th, 2017 News of the Day: Baidu plans to mass produce Level 4 self-driving cars with BAIC by 2021
Oct 12th, 2017 News of the Day: CarGurus spikes 72% in auto marketplace IPO
Oct 11th, 2017 News of the Day: Ford invests in Autonomic to make open-source mobility service platform
Oct 10th, 2017 News of the Day: Nvidia unveils new supercomputer for level 5 autonomous driving
Oct 9th, 2017 News of the Day: Renault launches its own new energy subsidiary to develop grid products
Oct 6th, 2017 News of the Day: Elon Musk delays Tesla Semi unveil to focus on Model 3, Puerto Rico
- Polestar is Offering New Android R Infotainment Software as an OTA Update With Enhanced Features for the Polestar 2 EV
- Nissan’s First EV With Solid-State Batteries Coming in 2028
- Tesla Rival NIO Plans to Produce its Own EV Battery Packs to Improve Profitability
- Honda's New EV Friendly Retail Plans Hint at the End of Mega Dealerships
- Here's One Way Lucid Motors Made the Air Sedan More Spacious for Passengers
- Porsche Leads $400 Million Investment in Lithium-Silicon Battery Developer Group14 Technologies
- Nissan’s New Lidar-based Advanced Driver Assist Technology in Development Will Automatically Intervene to Avoid Collisions
- Researchers at the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology in South Korea Say They’ve Uncovered the Key to Safer EV Batteries
- The World’s Largest EV Battery Maker CATL is in the Final Stages of Vetting Sites in the U.S. to Build a New Factory
- The NIO ET7 Will Come Standard With an Advanced Dolby Atmos-Powered Sound System Co-Developed With Audio Pioneer Dirac