Elon Musk reveals a ‘major' Tesla Autopilot update is coming soon
【Summary】Elon Musk just teased a major update for Tesla’s semi-autonomous Autopilot system, which will be released in the next few weeks.
Elon Musk just teased a major update for Tesla's semi-autonomous Autopilot system, which will be released in the next few weeks.
The over-the-air software update will be available to Tesla customers following a "minor" revision to the upcoming 8.0 software is made, Musk says.
This is just a software update, though, not the hardware update that reportedly is also in the works to add more cameras and radar sensors to its vehicles. Tesla has been under pressure since a Tesla Model S driver with Autopilot activated was involved in a fatal crash last May.
resource from: The verge
Tesla files lawsuit against Michigan's ban on selling cars directly
Beautiful new aerial look at Tesla Fremont – lots of cars ready to ship off
Tesla hires top designer Randy Rodriguez, man behind: Nissan 370Z, Titan and ICON A5 aircraft
Daimler begins testing Smart car trunk delivery service with DHL
California is about to overhaul its taxi industry, which could suck for self-driving cars
Nvidia partners with Baidu to build a self-driving car AI
Apple's CarPlay now a $300 option for most BMWs
You can now actually rent Erlich’s Aviato car from HBO’s Silicon Valley
- Mazda Outlines Plans to Invest $10.6 Billion in Electric and Hybrid Vehicle Development Through 2030
- Volkswagen Starts Production of the Electric ID.4 SUV in Tennessee, Presents New Competition for Tesla, GM and Ford
- The BMW 7-Series to Feature HD Live Maps From HERE Technologies for Hands-Free Highway Driving in North America at Speeds up to 80 MPH
- Volvo’s Electric Vehicle Brand Polestar Reports $1 Billion in Revenue in the First Half of 2022, Adds 6 New Global Markets
- Toyota Offering Multiple Solutions for Non-Drivable bZ4X Electric SUVs
- Waymo To Partner With Uber Freight on Autonomous Logistics for the Trucking Industry
- General Motors Announces a Key North American Nickel Supply Deal for Electric Vehicle Batteries
- The World’s Biggest Battery Producer CATL Signs MoU with EV Startup VinFast to Develop a ‘Skateboard’ Electric Vehicle Platform
- China’s Baidu Reveals the Apollo RT6, a Fully Autonomous, Production Ready Level-4 Robotaxi with Removable Steering Wheel
- Electric Truck Maker Rivian Opens the First Fast Chargers in Colorado for its Nationwide ‘Adventure Network’