Elon Musk reveals a ‘major' Tesla Autopilot update is coming soon
【Summary】Elon Musk just teased a major update for Tesla’s semi-autonomous Autopilot system, which will be released in the next few weeks.
Elon Musk just teased a major update for Tesla's semi-autonomous Autopilot system, which will be released in the next few weeks.
The over-the-air software update will be available to Tesla customers following a "minor" revision to the upcoming 8.0 software is made, Musk says.
This is just a software update, though, not the hardware update that reportedly is also in the works to add more cameras and radar sensors to its vehicles. Tesla has been under pressure since a Tesla Model S driver with Autopilot activated was involved in a fatal crash last May.
resource from: The verge
Tesla files lawsuit against Michigan's ban on selling cars directly
Beautiful new aerial look at Tesla Fremont – lots of cars ready to ship off
Tesla hires top designer Randy Rodriguez, man behind: Nissan 370Z, Titan and ICON A5 aircraft
Daimler begins testing Smart car trunk delivery service with DHL
California is about to overhaul its taxi industry, which could suck for self-driving cars
Nvidia partners with Baidu to build a self-driving car AI
Apple's CarPlay now a $300 option for most BMWs
You can now actually rent Erlich’s Aviato car from HBO’s Silicon Valley
- Amazon Reportedly Considering Acquisition of Driverless Startup TuSimple
- One-of-a-Kind Lithium Mine to Open in North Carolina
- GM Investing $24 Million in Indiana Plant to Boost Pickup Truck Production
- Uber Off to a Rocky Start in Stock Market Debut as Stock Slips 7%
- HERE Technologies Making it Easier for Drivers to Navigate with New Partnership
- Study: Autonomous Vehicles Can Boost Traffic Flow by 35 Percent
- Mercedes-Benz’s Experimental Safety Vehicle Is More Than Just Another Autonomous Concept
- Germany Opens First Electric Highway to Charge Hybrid Semi-Trucks
- Honda and Toyota Scrambling to Find Funds to Develop EVs, New Tech
- Uber Looking to Sell a Minority Stake in its Autonomous Vehicle Unit