Elon Musk reveals a ‘major' Tesla Autopilot update is coming soon
【Summary】Elon Musk just teased a major update for Tesla’s semi-autonomous Autopilot system, which will be released in the next few weeks.
Elon Musk just teased a major update for Tesla's semi-autonomous Autopilot system, which will be released in the next few weeks.
The over-the-air software update will be available to Tesla customers following a "minor" revision to the upcoming 8.0 software is made, Musk says.
This is just a software update, though, not the hardware update that reportedly is also in the works to add more cameras and radar sensors to its vehicles. Tesla has been under pressure since a Tesla Model S driver with Autopilot activated was involved in a fatal crash last May.
resource from: The verge
Tesla files lawsuit against Michigan's ban on selling cars directly
Beautiful new aerial look at Tesla Fremont – lots of cars ready to ship off
Tesla hires top designer Randy Rodriguez, man behind: Nissan 370Z, Titan and ICON A5 aircraft
Daimler begins testing Smart car trunk delivery service with DHL
California is about to overhaul its taxi industry, which could suck for self-driving cars
Nvidia partners with Baidu to build a self-driving car AI
Apple's CarPlay now a $300 option for most BMWs
You can now actually rent Erlich’s Aviato car from HBO’s Silicon Valley
- UPS Buys Stake in Self-Driving Truck Startup TuSimple, Testing Deliveries Since May
- Tesla Reveals Specs of its New AI-Powered Full Self-Driving Computer
- Russia's Yandex is Looking to Grow its Self-Driving Car Fleet Tenfold to Accelerate Developement
- Porsche Ventures Invests in Israeli Vision Sensor Start-up TriEye
- European Automakers Tell Governments They Must Help Sell EVs
- Didi Chuxing Spins Off its Autonomous Driving Unit as an Independent Company
- Toyota to Debut it Next-Gen Mirai Fuel Cell Concept at the Tokyo Auto Show
- Recogni Raises $25 Million, the Silicon Valley Startup is Developing Edge Processing for Autonomous Vehicles
- Head of the NHTSA to Resign Amid the Trump Administration’s Push to Rollback Fuel Economy Standards
- Audi Close to Solidifying EV Battery Deal With China’s BYD, Report