Elon Musk reveals a ‘major' Tesla Autopilot update is coming soon
【Summary】Elon Musk just teased a major update for Tesla’s semi-autonomous Autopilot system, which will be released in the next few weeks.
Elena Oct 07, 2016 11:25 PM PT
Elon Musk just teased a major update for Tesla's semi-autonomous Autopilot system, which will be released in the next few weeks.
The over-the-air software update will be available to Tesla customers following a "minor" revision to the upcoming 8.0 software is made, Musk says.
This is just a software update, though, not the hardware update that reportedly is also in the works to add more cameras and radar sensors to its vehicles. Tesla has been under pressure since a Tesla Model S driver with Autopilot activated was involved in a fatal crash last May.
resource from: The verge
Writer's other posts
Tesla files lawsuit against Michigan's ban on selling cars directly
Beautiful new aerial look at Tesla Fremont – lots of cars ready to ship off
Tesla hires top designer Randy Rodriguez, man behind: Nissan 370Z, Titan and ICON A5 aircraft
Daimler begins testing Smart car trunk delivery service with DHL
California is about to overhaul its taxi industry, which could suck for self-driving cars
Nvidia partners with Baidu to build a self-driving car AI
Apple's CarPlay now a $300 option for most BMWs
You can now actually rent Erlich’s Aviato car from HBO’s Silicon Valley
- Intel’s Self-Driving Car Unit Mobileye Postpones its Planned U.S. IPO That Could Value the Company up to $50 Billion
- Hyundai and Michelin to Develop Next-Gen Tires for EVs
- Electric Truck Maker Rivian Opens the First Fast Chargers in Colorado for its Nationwide ‘Adventure Network’
- Drivers of 2010-2018 Lexus Vehicles Lose Vehicle Connectivity Services Due to The Recent Shutdown of 3G Cellular Networks
- Redwood Materials is Building an Electric Vehicle Battery Recycling Facility in South Carolina
- Sony, Honda Sign Agreement for Joint EV Brand
- Polestar Shares the First Image of the Polestar 3 Electric SUV Ahead of its October Debut
- Volkswagen Breaks Ground on the First of Six European Battery Cell Factories as Part of a $20 Billion Investment
- Ford Issues ‘Stop Sale’ of the Electric Mustang Mach-E Over Possible Loss of Propulsion While Driving
- California’s Electric Vehicle Sales for Q1-Q3 2022 Show That Tesla is Facing Growing Competition