Elon Musk reveals a ‘major' Tesla Autopilot update is coming soon
【Summary】Elon Musk just teased a major update for Tesla’s semi-autonomous Autopilot system, which will be released in the next few weeks.
Elon Musk just teased a major update for Tesla's semi-autonomous Autopilot system, which will be released in the next few weeks.
The over-the-air software update will be available to Tesla customers following a "minor" revision to the upcoming 8.0 software is made, Musk says.
This is just a software update, though, not the hardware update that reportedly is also in the works to add more cameras and radar sensors to its vehicles. Tesla has been under pressure since a Tesla Model S driver with Autopilot activated was involved in a fatal crash last May.
resource from: The verge
Tesla files lawsuit against Michigan's ban on selling cars directly
Beautiful new aerial look at Tesla Fremont – lots of cars ready to ship off
Tesla hires top designer Randy Rodriguez, man behind: Nissan 370Z, Titan and ICON A5 aircraft
Daimler begins testing Smart car trunk delivery service with DHL
California is about to overhaul its taxi industry, which could suck for self-driving cars
Nvidia partners with Baidu to build a self-driving car AI
Apple's CarPlay now a $300 option for most BMWs
You can now actually rent Erlich’s Aviato car from HBO’s Silicon Valley
- GM and Bechtel to Build Massive EV Charging Network
- BMW and Jaguar Land Rover Collaborate on Electric Vehicles
- Waymo to Bring Driverless Cars to France and Japan via Nissan-Renault Partnership
- Waymo Receives Permit to Participate in California’s Autonomous Vehicle Pilot
- EV Startup Faraday Future Announces $225 Million in Bridge Financing
- Air Taxi Startup Lilium Tests its Prototype 5-Passenger VTOL Electric Jet
- Uber Debuts its New Self-Driving Volvo XC90 SUVs, Designed to Operate Without a Safety Driver
- GM Says its Vehicle Lineup Will Be Capable of Receiving OTA Updates Beginning in 2023
- Auto Execs Say the White House Will Extend May 18 Deadline on Auto Tariffs
- Nissan to Offer Hands-Free Highway Driving in Japan with ProPilot 2.0