Elon Musk reveals a ‘major' Tesla Autopilot update is coming soon
【Summary】Elon Musk just teased a major update for Tesla’s semi-autonomous Autopilot system, which will be released in the next few weeks.
Elon Musk just teased a major update for Tesla's semi-autonomous Autopilot system, which will be released in the next few weeks.
The over-the-air software update will be available to Tesla customers following a "minor" revision to the upcoming 8.0 software is made, Musk says.
This is just a software update, though, not the hardware update that reportedly is also in the works to add more cameras and radar sensors to its vehicles. Tesla has been under pressure since a Tesla Model S driver with Autopilot activated was involved in a fatal crash last May.
resource from: The verge
Tesla files lawsuit against Michigan's ban on selling cars directly
Beautiful new aerial look at Tesla Fremont – lots of cars ready to ship off
Tesla hires top designer Randy Rodriguez, man behind: Nissan 370Z, Titan and ICON A5 aircraft
Daimler begins testing Smart car trunk delivery service with DHL
California is about to overhaul its taxi industry, which could suck for self-driving cars
Nvidia partners with Baidu to build a self-driving car AI
Apple's CarPlay now a $300 option for most BMWs
You can now actually rent Erlich’s Aviato car from HBO’s Silicon Valley
- MIT Teaching Autonomous Cars to See Around Corners
- Tesla Will Unveil its new Electric ‘Cybertruck’ on Nov 21
- Chief Executive Officer of Toyota Motor North America Announces His Retirement
- All You Need to Know About the 900 HP Electric Ford Mustang Lithium
- BMW i3 Urban Suite Concept is a Miniature Luxury Car
- Lyft is Encouraging People to Sell Their Vehicles for Ride-hailing Credit
- Waymo’s Detroit Plant Helping With Autonomous Car Production
- London Revokes Uber’s License for the Second Time Citing a ‘Pattern of Failure’ Over Rider Safety
- Tesla to Borrow $1.4 Billion for Shanghai Factory & China Operations
- The NHTSA Will Review a Petition to Investigate Sudden Acceleration Complaints on Tesla Vehicles