DOE small biz voucher awards include vehicles and fuel cells
【Summary】The US Department of Energy has awarded $8 million in Small Business Vouchers to 43 businesses.
The US Department of Energy has awarded $8 million in Small Business Vouchers to 43 businesses, including ten projects aimed at making hydrogen fuel cells cheaper and more efficient, and six projects that will improve vehicle fuel efficiency, including better batteries.
In addition to funding from the DOE, participants in this second round of the SBV project will be working with 12 of the DOE's national laboratories to accelerate the development of their technologies. For example, Nzyme2HC is paired with the National Renewable Energy Laboratory to generate hydrogen for fuel cells using, among other things, industrial waste. The SBV award allows Nzyme2HC to prototype and test the cleaner — and potentially cheaper — hydrogen fuel at NREL.
Vehicle technologies range from improved computer modeling and simulations to fuel innovations. Saratoga Energy is developing a process to manufacture graphite from carbon dioxide to be used in lithium-ion batteries for EVs, while Sylvatex is designing a nanoparticle fuel system to reduce emissions and incorporate renewables in petroleum with assistance from the Argonne National Laboratory.
The SBV project isn't just for vehicles and related technology; other awards were in the Bioenergy, Buildings, Geothermal, Solar, Water, and Wind categories. Round one of the project launched in March with 33 vouchers totaling $6.7 million awarded. To get a piece of that funding pie in a future round, visit the project's website to apply. More info will be available there in October 2016.
resource from: techcrunch
Elon Musk confident that Tesla can attain staggering 20-fold increase in production speed in Fremont
Tesla responds to Mobileye’s comments on Autopilot, confirms new in-house ‘Tesla Vision’ product
Uber will repay thousands of riders for misleading them about tips
Faraday Future adds top VW executive to bring to market its upcoming electric vehicles
Hyperloop track construction in California is delayed
Federal funds to back Portland storefront for electric-car marketing, pop-up roadshows
Tesla announces a partnership in South Korea for first store and 25 charging stations
How Tesla may charge Model 3 owners for Supercharger access: credit-card accounts
- Electric Truck Maker Rivian Files for IPO, Aiming for an $80 Billion Valuation
- Silicon Valley Startup Sonatus to Partner with Hyundai on the Development of Software Defined Vehicles
- Toyota to Invest $3.4 Billion Through 2030 in Electric Vehicle Battery Production in the U.S.
- Volkswagen ID Life Concept is a Peek at an Affordable City Electric Car
- Rivian Looking to Open New Factory in Texas
- Electric Brand Polestar Announces New Options for the Polestar 2 EV, Including a New, Lower-Priced FWD Version
- Honda Unveils its New ‘SENSING 360’ Omnidirectional Safety & Advanced Driver Assist System
- The Founder & Former CEO of Fuel Cell Truck Startup Nikola Corp Indicted for Misleading Investors
- Solar-Electric Car Startup Sono Motors to Use a Connected Vehicle Software Platform From Silicon Valley-based Sibros
- J.D. Power Study Finds That New Owners Don’t Use a Lot of Advanced Tech Features