Mercedes Benz Reveals its Electric EQA Concept in New Video
【Summary】Mercedes-Benz has released a video of the EQA concept vehicle, the car that might challenge Tesla’s Model 3 electric sedan, as the luxury German automaker gears up to introduce a new lineup of fully-electric models.
Mercedes-Benz has released a video of the EQA concept vehicle, the car that might challenge Tesla's Model 3 electric sedan, as the luxury German automaker gears up to introduce a new lineup of fully-electric models.
The EQA is essentially an electric version of Mercedes' A-class subcompact sedan that was never offered in the United States. However, this year the German luxury automaker is expected to launch a gasoline version of the compact A class for the first time in the U.S.
The video shows the EQA hatchback equipped with cool looking LED stripes along the sides and back and an LED nose panel. Unlike most concept cars, the EQA sports side mirrors instead of cameras.
Mercedes expects to launch the EQC as well, an electric compact crossover version, next year. An S-class variant, called the EQS, is also on schedule for production.
The Concept EQA achieves a range of around 400 kilometers (248 miles), depending on the battery capacity installed. The highly efficient lithium-ion pouch cell batteries will be supplied by the Daimler subsidiary Deutsche ACCUMOTIVE. The Concept EQA can be charged via induction or wallbox and is also ready for rapid charging.
"With the Mercedes-Benz Concept EQA, our electric initiative is gathering pace. By 2022, Mercedes-Benz Cars will have more than ten all-electric vehicles on the market," stated Dr Dieter Zetsche, CEO of Daimler AG and Head of Mercedes-Benz Cars.
The EQ brand will have body styling distinct from existing Mercedes vehicles. The new electric vehicles will include plug-in hybrids, fuel cell vehicles and vehicles with 48-volt electrical systems.
Mercedes parent Daimler has said it expects between 15 and 25 percent of its global sales to be EVs in 2025.
The first series-produced model of the new EQ product brand, the EQC, is set to be produced at the Mercedes-Benz plant in Bremen, Germany from 2019.
Byton Begins Road Testing its M-Byte Prototype
Silicon Valley Autonomous Driving Startup Zoox Replaces its CEO
China’s BYD Wins Big U.S. Contract to Supply Electric Buses to the State of Georgia
Ford is Launching a New Mid-Size SUV in China
Daimler to Build Smart EVs in China, According to Report
Tesla CEO Elon Musk says Company is on Track to Build 6,000 Model 3’s Per Week
Ford Motor Co to Invest $4 Billion in a New Division for Autonomous Vehicle Development
Electric Vehicle Startup Faraday Future Secures $2 Billion in Funding
- Zero Motorcycles Reveals Specs of Electric SR/F
- GM Faces Pushback From U.S. Regulators in its Effort to Deploy Self-Driving Cars
- Cornell Researchers Discover a New Way For Self-Driving Cars to ‘See’ Nearly as Well as Lidar Using Two Cameras
- Tesla’s Model Y Launch Completes the Company’s 'S3XY' Lineup
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk Claims Automaker Will Be out of Money Within 10 Months, Launches “Hardcore” Changes
- The U.S. is About to Face a Battery Shortage in Race to Ramp up EV Production
- EV Startup Faraday Future Saved by $600 Million Investment from Internet & Gaming Co The9
- Electrify America Unveils its EV Charging Smartphone App Designed to Make Charging Easy
- Nvidia Proposes Self-Driving License for Autonomous Vehicles
- Toyota AI Ventures Announces New $100 Million Fund for Autonomous Mobility and Robotics