Mercedes Benz Reveals its Electric EQA Concept in New Video
【Summary】Mercedes-Benz has released a video of the EQA concept vehicle, the car that might challenge Tesla’s Model 3 electric sedan, as the luxury German automaker gears up to introduce a new lineup of fully-electric models.
Mercedes-Benz has released a video of the EQA concept vehicle, the car that might challenge Tesla's Model 3 electric sedan, as the luxury German automaker gears up to introduce a new lineup of fully-electric models.
The EQA is essentially an electric version of Mercedes' A-class subcompact sedan that was never offered in the United States. However, this year the German luxury automaker is expected to launch a gasoline version of the compact A class for the first time in the U.S.
The video shows the EQA hatchback equipped with cool looking LED stripes along the sides and back and an LED nose panel. Unlike most concept cars, the EQA sports side mirrors instead of cameras.
Mercedes expects to launch the EQC as well, an electric compact crossover version, next year. An S-class variant, called the EQS, is also on schedule for production.
The Concept EQA achieves a range of around 400 kilometers (248 miles), depending on the battery capacity installed. The highly efficient lithium-ion pouch cell batteries will be supplied by the Daimler subsidiary Deutsche ACCUMOTIVE. The Concept EQA can be charged via induction or wallbox and is also ready for rapid charging.
"With the Mercedes-Benz Concept EQA, our electric initiative is gathering pace. By 2022, Mercedes-Benz Cars will have more than ten all-electric vehicles on the market," stated Dr Dieter Zetsche, CEO of Daimler AG and Head of Mercedes-Benz Cars.
The EQ brand will have body styling distinct from existing Mercedes vehicles. The new electric vehicles will include plug-in hybrids, fuel cell vehicles and vehicles with 48-volt electrical systems.
Mercedes parent Daimler has said it expects between 15 and 25 percent of its global sales to be EVs in 2025.
The first series-produced model of the new EQ product brand, the EQC, is set to be produced at the Mercedes-Benz plant in Bremen, Germany from 2019.
Volkswagen Reveals the Exterior of the Upcoming Electric ID.4
Volkswagen to Build EV Battery Cells & Packs in Tennessee for its Future Electric Models
General Motors CFO Unexpectedly Departs to Take Role at Online Payment Startup Stripe
Chinese Electric Vehicle Startup Xpeng Motors in Talks for Another $300 Million in New Funding, Sources Say
Tesla’s Recent Stock Surge Has Also Helped its Battery Supplier LG Chem
Uber is in Talks for a $500 Million Investment in its Uber Freight Unit
California Electric Automaker Fisker to go Public in a Deal That Would Give the Company a $2.9 Billion Valuation
Uber Launches a Grocery Delivery Service in South America & Canada, Will Soon Launch in the U.S.
- EV Startup Fisker Inc. Hires BMW Exec as Senior VP of Manufacturing, Aims to Build One Million EVs a Year by 2027
- New Premium Electric Vehicle Brand Zeekr Is Exploring IPO Options in the U.S. or Hong Kong, According to Sources
- GM's New 'Plug And Charge' Feature Will Simplify the Charging Process For its Current & Future EVs
- Toyota’s New ‘Intelligent Assistant’ Learns Voice Commands and Gets Smarter Over Time Using Machine Learning
- Ford CFO Claims Inflation Has Erased Mustang Mach-E Profits
- Tesla Rival XPeng Inc. to Start Deliveries of its New Flagship G9 Electric SUV in September, CEO Confirms After Sharing New Details
- Hyundai to Launch Autonomous Ride-Hailing Service in South Korea
- California’s Electric Vehicle Sales for Q1-Q3 2022 Show That Tesla is Facing Growing Competition
- China’s CATL to Supply Honda with 123 GWh of Electric Vehicle Batteries by 2030
- Prices For Used EVs Continue to Rise as Gas Cars Drop