Tesla is aiming for a wide release of v8.0 software update on September 21
【Summary】Tesla is aiming for a wide release of v8.0 software update on September 21
Earlier this morning, Tesla CEO Elon Musk said that the automaker is aiming to push the wide release of software update v8.0 on September 21 "if no last minute issues are discovered". The company pushed a fourth, and hopefully last, build in external beta and if everything goes well, it should be in every Tesla vehicles worldwide by the end of the next week.
In our exclusive report on the beta version of Tesla's 8.0 software update back in June, we explain some of the most important changes, including what Tesla is describing as "the biggest update to the user interface since the launch of the Model S", improved voice commands, navigation and revamped media interface.
We also already revealed a lot of information about the upcoming Autopilot under v8.0 of Tesla OS, including the new off-ramp and interchange capability, improved Autosteer and TACC in traffic, and the new safety restrictions after recent accidents.
Following our reports, Tesla released more details of its new radar processing technology for Autopilot under v8.0, which will allow the automaker to improve its automatic emergency braking significantly. Musk held a press conference to explain all the details earlier this week.
resource from: Electrek
Waze launches Bluetooth beacons to avoid tunnel blackouts
What is the maximum electric-car price for mass-market success? Poll results
InfluxData closes $16 million Series B led by Battery Ventures to organize IOT data
Google's vision of a driverless future just got a big boost from the government
Self-Driving Car Guidelines Call for Information Sharing
Set Self-Driving Cars Free
2017 Chevrolet Bolt EV Chevy Bolt EV not on shared architecture, but platform name secret, GM says
Renault is reportedly about to unveil a new all-electric Zoe with ~200 miles of range
- Toyota is Using Tesla-style Panasonic Batteries for its China Hybrid Models
- Ford Motor Co Forms New Joint Venture with Indian Automaker Mahindra
- Researchers Are Using Model Cars to Perfect Autonomous Vehicles
- How Will Ford's New 'Mach E' Mustang-inspired e-SUV Fair Against the Tesla Model Y?
- Uber & EVgo Sign MOU to Promote the Use of Electric Vehicles on Uber’s Platform
- AAA Study Finds Pedestrian Detection Systems Perform Inconsistently
- Here Are the Top EV Concepts Showcased at Pebble Beach 2019
- Tesla is Once Again Raising Prices in China as the Sino-U.S. Trade War Drags On
- The First Fully-Electric Cadillac Sedan Expected to Debut in 2022
- Rivian R1T: What’s Going on With Rivian's New Pricing Plan?