The Tesla Model 3 Standard-Plus is Efficient as the Hyundai Ioniq Electric
【Summary】With deliveries underway in the U.S. for the Standard Plus Tesla Model 3, reports are flooding in which provide insights into its real-world driving range.
The month of March has proven to be a very exciting one for Tesla. The electric automaker company recently completed its "S3XY" line up with the debut of its latest offering, the Model Y crossover.
In addition to the Model Y debut, Tesla managed to set a new delivery record in Norway. With deliveries already underway in the U.S. for the Standard Plus version, consumer reports are flooding in that provide insights into the real world driving range of this Model 3 version.
The combined real-world range of Tesla EVs has been reported to be in the ballpark of 134 MPGe. The stats are quite impressive making the Standard Plus Model 3 one of the most efficient electric vehicles on sale today. However, when it comes to real-world range, Korean automaker Hyundai is the reigning champion with the Hyundai Ioniq Electric.
This is not the first time Tesla has offered a version of Model 3 with enhanced range. Over the last 2 years, Tesla introduced several updated version of the Model 3, each with improved range.
The Model 3 Long Range RWD model was initially introduced with an official EPA rating of 126 MPGe, which was later enhanced to 130 MPGe. Surprisingly the Mid-Range Model 3 featured a lighter battery pack than the Long-Range model, but only offered 123 MPGe of range. That model was later discontinued.
Customer Reports claims that the new Standard Range Plus Model 3 offers 134 MPGe of all-electric driving range. This claim has not been backed by EPA and so far the organization has not posted the rating on their official website.
The combined driving range of 134 MPGe is based on an average of 128 MPGe on highways and 140 MPGe for city driving. As compared to Hyundai Ioniq Electric, the new Tesla Model 3 only falls short by 2 MPGe with Ioniq boasting a 136 MPGe range rating.
The Standard Range Plus Model 3 only comes with a rear-wheel drive setup and gets a price tag of $37,500 with $8,050 in projected savings. This version costs $2,500 more than the Standard Range Model 3.
For the additional $2,500, buyers get a partial premium interior that includes 12-way power adjustable heated front seats, upgraded audio, LED fog lamps and 4 USB ports with docking for two smartphones.
Manish Kharinta is a automotive writer based in the Los Angeles area. He has worked for automotive industry websites TheSmokingClutch.com, CarDekho.com and CarBikeindia.com. His experience ranges from covering auto shows, to car reviews and breaking automotive news. Manish aims to bring forth his unique perspective on automotive design and technological innovations in the automotive industry.
The First 'Polestar Spaces' in the U.S. Are Opening in California & New York City
Elon Musk’s SpaceX is Providing ‘Aerospace Ride-Sharing’ to San Francisco-based Earth Imaging Company Planet Labs
Tesla is Facing Growing Competition From Chinese EV Startup Xpeng Motors With its More Affordable P7 Sedan
The New Polestar 2 EV Matches its Performance with Equally High Safety Standards
Tesla's Model S and Model X Performance Get Improved 0-60 MPH Acceleration Times
Tesla's Long-Range Model 3 Will Soon Enter Production in China
What Effect Will COVID-19 Have on the EV Industry?
Is the New Tesla Model Y Ready for the Growing Competition it's up Against?
- The Cadillac Celestiq Will be the Luxury Brand’s New Hand-Built Flagship Sedan
- Tesla is Cutting its Vehicle Prices in North America & China, Model 3 Now Starts at $37,990 in the U.S.
- Autonomous Delivery Startup Nuro Gets Approval From California's DMV to Deploy its Vehicles Without a Human Backup
- Hyundai & Kia Develop an AI-Powered Transmission Control System That Shifts Based on Road & Traffic Conditions
- Volvo Trucks' All-Electric VNR Truck Pilot Program is Showcased in California
- BMW’s Upcoming Hydrogen SUV to Have 374 HP, Be Refilled in 3 Minutes
- Tesla's Long-Range Model 3 Will Soon Enter Production in China
- Cadillac Expands Super Cruise to More Models, Adds More Features
- Ford Motor Co. Develops a New Powered Air-Purifying Respirator with 3M in COVID-19 Fight
- Baidu is Building a 5G-Powered, 20 Square Kilometer Test Site for Connected & Autonomous Vehicles in Chongqing, China