Ford, Volkswagen Promise Details on Electric & Autonomous Vehicle Partnership
【Summary】Automakers Ford Motor Co and Volkswagen AG said on Thursday they are expanding their global alliance. Further details on a technology-sharing agreement are expected to be announced at New York press conference on Friday.
HAMBURG/DETROIT (Reuters) - Automakers Ford Motor Co and Volkswagen AG said on Thursday they are expanding their global alliance that was first announced in January. The two automakers said that potential deals are expected to involve collaboration on electric and autonomous vehicles.
Further details on a technology-sharing agreement are expected to be announced at New York press conference on Friday. The companies said Volkswagen Chief Executive Herbert Diess and Ford CEO Jim Hackett would appear together tomorrow in New York, but provided no additional information in a news release.
The automakers could outline more than one agreement. One potential element could be an investment by Volkswagen in Argo AI, the self-driving and robotics company majority owned by Ford.
The value of VW's contribution to the collaboration is more than $2 billion, including about $1 billion invested, said two industry sources who requested anonymity discussing the deal.
resource from: Reuters
German Car Rental Company Nextmove Cancels its $5M Tesla Order Over Quality Issues
NIO Co-founder and Former VP Resigns from the Company
Volkswagen Reports a 3.3% Drop in Vehicle Deliveries for July
U.S. Automakers GM, Ford Planning for Possible Economic Downturn
Tesla Owner Files Lawsuit Claiming the Automaker Reduced the Battery Power of the Model S
Ride-Hailing Giant Uber Posts $5 Billion Loss as Growth Slows
Honda to Recall 222,674 Accord Models in China Over Engine Problems
Audi Unveils e-tron Electric Scooter, Skateboard Combo
- Honda’s EV Plan for America Includes a Modular Platform
- Air Taxi Startup Lilium Tests its Prototype 5-Passenger VTOL Electric Jet
- BMW’s Electric Roadster Concept Motorcycle Features the Company's Iconic Boxer Engine Profile
- The U.S. Postal Service is Testing Mail Delivery Using Self-Driving Trucks From TuSimple
- Rumor Mill: The BMW M140e Hatchback to Feature a 400 HP Electrified Powertrain
- Ford, Volkswagen Promise Details on Electric & Autonomous Vehicle Partnership
- Here's Why the Tesla, Maxwell EV Battery Pack Could be an Industry Game Changer
- As the Trump Administration Seeks to Rollback Nationwide Fuel Economy Standards, Automakers Strike Secret Deal with California to Keep Them in Place
- Volkswagen Showcases Pedestrian Detection System, Claims Works at Speeds of 40 MPH
- Tesla’s Share of the U.S. Plug-in Market Increases to 68% in June