Ford, Volkswagen Promise Details on Electric & Autonomous Vehicle Partnership
【Summary】Automakers Ford Motor Co and Volkswagen AG said on Thursday they are expanding their global alliance. Further details on a technology-sharing agreement are expected to be announced at New York press conference on Friday.
HAMBURG/DETROIT (Reuters) - Automakers Ford Motor Co and Volkswagen AG said on Thursday they are expanding their global alliance that was first announced in January. The two automakers said that potential deals are expected to involve collaboration on electric and autonomous vehicles.
Further details on a technology-sharing agreement are expected to be announced at New York press conference on Friday. The companies said Volkswagen Chief Executive Herbert Diess and Ford CEO Jim Hackett would appear together tomorrow in New York, but provided no additional information in a news release.
The automakers could outline more than one agreement. One potential element could be an investment by Volkswagen in Argo AI, the self-driving and robotics company majority owned by Ford.
The value of VW's contribution to the collaboration is more than $2 billion, including about $1 billion invested, said two industry sources who requested anonymity discussing the deal.
resource from: Reuters
Tesla’s New 'Full Self-Driving' Beta Software is Being Closely Watched by U.S. Regulators
Cadillac’s Suspension Technology Gets Even Faster and More Precise with ‘MagneRide 4.0’
China Tells U.S. Companies, Including General Motors & Qualcomm, They Are Welcome in its Market
Apple iPhone Assembler Foxconn Wants to Supply the Components for 10% of the World’s EVs
GM’s Autonomous Driving Division Cruise Granted Permit to Deploy its Self-Driving Vehicles in San Francisco Without Safety Drivers Onboard
TomTom Extends its Map Editing Partnership with Uber Across its Entire Global Platform
Amazon’s New Fully-Electric Vans Represent the Future of Last-Mile Delivery
Electric Truck Developer Einride Unveils its Next-Gen Autonomous Freight Vehicles
- The Mercedes Benz EQS Will Be the First Model Sold Under its New 'EQ' Sub-brand in the U.S.
- Tesla Launches $5 Billion Capital Raise As Investors Drive Up its Stock Price
- Tesla is ‘Very Close’ to Level-5 Autonomous Driving, Chief Executive Elon Musk Says
- The Latest Version of Tesla’s Autopilot Can Read Speed Limit Signs, Along with Other New Features
- Quick Overview: Here’s What You Need to Know About the New Volkswagen ID.4
- China’s Baidu Demonstrates its Apollo Robotaxi Without a Safety Driver Using its 5G-Powered ‘Remote Driving Service’
- Chinese EV Startup WM Motor Raises $1.5 Billion in its Latest Series D Funding Round
- AAA Study Finds Modern Driver-Assist Systems Aren’t Reliable
- Honda. Motor Co Invests in Battery Maker CATL, Will Jointly Develop EV Batteries
- GMC Hummer EV Could Be Used as a Possible Military Vehicle