Ford, Volkswagen Promise Details on Electric & Autonomous Vehicle Partnership
【Summary】Automakers Ford Motor Co and Volkswagen AG said on Thursday they are expanding their global alliance. Further details on a technology-sharing agreement are expected to be announced at New York press conference on Friday.
HAMBURG/DETROIT (Reuters) - Automakers Ford Motor Co and Volkswagen AG said on Thursday they are expanding their global alliance that was first announced in January. The two automakers said that potential deals are expected to involve collaboration on electric and autonomous vehicles.
Further details on a technology-sharing agreement are expected to be announced at New York press conference on Friday. The companies said Volkswagen Chief Executive Herbert Diess and Ford CEO Jim Hackett would appear together tomorrow in New York, but provided no additional information in a news release.
The automakers could outline more than one agreement. One potential element could be an investment by Volkswagen in Argo AI, the self-driving and robotics company majority owned by Ford.
The value of VW's contribution to the collaboration is more than $2 billion, including about $1 billion invested, said two industry sources who requested anonymity discussing the deal.
resource from: Reuters
Chinese Automaker BAIC Buys a 5% Stake in Daimler
Ford to Upgrade Chicago Plant to Produce SUVs, Hiring 450 Workers
Toyota to Team Up with China’s CATL to Develop Batteries for Electric Vehicles
Toyota Begins Autonomous Driving Tests on Public Roads in Europe
Tesla Drops its Lower-Priced Model S, X Variants, Cuts Price of Model 3 Sedan
BMW China and Beijing-based Mapping Company NavInfo to Develop HD Maps for Autonomous Driving
Electrify America to Offer Free Charging to Buyers of Harley Davidson’s Electric Livewire Motorcycle
Automakers Toyota & Geely Join Baidu’s Open Apollo Autonomous Driving Platform
- Washington State Regulators Move Forward to Allow Delivery Bots on Sidewalks
- Electric Vehicle Startup Neuron EV Reveals its Visionary Smart Vehicle Called ‘HUB’
- May Mobility to Begin Testing Autonomous Shuttles in Rhode Island
- Waymo Looks to Expand Globally With Renault-Nissan Partnership
- Honda’s EV Plan for America Includes a Modular Platform
- Toyota to Speed up its EV Development, Will Turn to China for Batteries
- Lyft Users Will Soon Be Able to Summon a Self-Driving Waymo Minivan in Arizona
- BMW Unveils the Fully-Electric MINI Cooper With a Long List of Tech and Not Much Range
- SoftBank, Toyota's Self-driving Car Venture to Add Five Additional Automakers: Sources
- Google Maps Update Includes Real-time Data from EV Charging Stations