Ford, Volkswagen Promise Details on Electric & Autonomous Vehicle Partnership
【Summary】Automakers Ford Motor Co and Volkswagen AG said on Thursday they are expanding their global alliance. Further details on a technology-sharing agreement are expected to be announced at New York press conference on Friday.
HAMBURG/DETROIT (Reuters) - Automakers Ford Motor Co and Volkswagen AG said on Thursday they are expanding their global alliance that was first announced in January. The two automakers said that potential deals are expected to involve collaboration on electric and autonomous vehicles.
Further details on a technology-sharing agreement are expected to be announced at New York press conference on Friday. The companies said Volkswagen Chief Executive Herbert Diess and Ford CEO Jim Hackett would appear together tomorrow in New York, but provided no additional information in a news release.
The automakers could outline more than one agreement. One potential element could be an investment by Volkswagen in Argo AI, the self-driving and robotics company majority owned by Ford.
The value of VW's contribution to the collaboration is more than $2 billion, including about $1 billion invested, said two industry sources who requested anonymity discussing the deal.
resource from: Reuters
German Car Rental Company Nextmove Cancels its $5M Tesla Order Over Quality Issues
NIO Co-founder and Former VP Resigns from the Company
Volkswagen Reports a 3.3% Drop in Vehicle Deliveries for July
U.S. Automakers GM, Ford Planning for Possible Economic Downturn
Tesla Owner Files Lawsuit Claiming the Automaker Reduced the Battery Power of the Model S
Ride-Hailing Giant Uber Posts $5 Billion Loss as Growth Slows
Honda to Recall 222,674 Accord Models in China Over Engine Problems
Audi Unveils e-tron Electric Scooter, Skateboard Combo
- Toyota to Team Up with China’s CATL to Develop Batteries for Electric Vehicles
- BMW's Hybrid cars to Switch to Electric-Only Mode in Polluted Cities
- Apple Reportedly Making a Bid to Purchase Drive.ai
- Apple Buys Self-Driving Shuttle Startup Drive AI
- Lidar Startup Luminar Raises $100 Million in Latest Funding Round, Is Working with 12 of the World’s Largest Automotive Companies
- Nissan and EVgo Expand Their EV Charging Network, Adding 200 DC Fast Chargers
- An Electric BMW iX3 Might be Launched in the U.S. with a 75 kWh Battery
- Spy-Shots of a Lexus LS Hydrogen Fuel Cell Prototype Surface Online
- BMW, Tencent to Open Computing Center in China For Self-Driving Cars
- EVgo Partnering with Chevron to Install EV Fast Charging at Select California Gas Stations