Tesla's Elon Musk & Alibaba Chairman Jack Ma to Speak at a Shanghai AI Conference This Week
【Summary】Elon Musk and Alibaba Group Holding Ltd chairman Jack Ma will speak at a conference on artificial intelligence (AI) in Shanghai. The two entrepreneurs will have a conversation in front of an audience on Aug 29 at the World Artificial Intelligence Conference.
SHANGHAI (Reuters) - Tesla CEO Elon Musk and Alibaba Group Holding Ltd chairman Jack Ma will speak at a conference on artificial intelligence (AI) to be held this week in Shanghai, an Alibaba spokeswoman said on Monday.
The two entrepreneurs will have a conversation in front of an audience on Aug 29 at the World Artificial Intelligence Conference which will run Aug 29-Aug 31, the spokeswoman said.
Tesla did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Musk confirmed his attendance at the conference earlier this month. On Twitter, he also said he intends to launch a China unit of The Boring Company, his underground transportation venture, on the same China trip.
The talk will come amid an intensifying war over trade and technology between the United States and China.
U.S. President Donald Trump announced on Friday an additional duty on some $550 billion of targeted Chinese goods, hours after China unveiled retaliatory tariffs on $75 billion worth of U.S. goods.
Tesla is one of several high profile American companies affected by the trade war. The company is currently building a factory for its vehicles in Shanghai.
In early 2018, Musk messaged Trump publicly on Twitter lamenting China's 25% tariff on imported cars entering the market.
Jack Ma has been an outspoken critic of the trade war. Late last year at the China International Import Expo in Shanghai, the e-commerce entrepreneur called the conflict "the most stupid thing in this world".
Ma is set to formally step down from his position as chairman of Alibaba in September.
resource from: Reuters
Italy Fines Google for Excluding the ‘JuicePass’ EV Charging App From Android Auto
Waymo CFO is Leaving the Company Following the Departure of CEO John Krafcik Last Month
Hyundai’s Shares the First Images of the G70 ‘Shooting Brake’ From its Luxury Division Genesis
The NTSB Determines That Tesla’s Autopilot Was Not Active in a Fatal Crash in Texas After Investigators Claimed ‘No One Was in the Driver’s Seat’
Tesla Engineer Tells the California DMV That Elon Musk’s Goal of Achieving Full Self-Driving by the End of 2021 Does Not ‘Match Engineering Reality’
Tesla is Developing a Platform That Allows Customers in China Access to Their Vehicle Data
Tesla to Lose Around $240 Million in Revenue in 2021 as Automaker Stellantis Says it Will No Longer Need to Buy Emission Credits
The Audi A7 PHEV Named Best Luxury Plug-in Hybrid of 2021 by U.S. News & World Report
- Volkswagen to Buy Emission Credits from Tesla in China to Comply with Environmental Regulations, Sources Say
- Ford Opens Registration Site for its New Lineup of E-Transit Commercial Electric Vans
- Electrify America Outlines Third $200 Million Investment in California
- General Motors Confirms it Will Build an Electric Chevy Silverado Pickup, Sending its Stock Price to a Record High
- Self-Driving Technology Developer Aurora to Partner with Volvo on Autonomous Long-Haul Trucks
- The Lucid Air Sedan Will be the World’s First Vehicle to Feature Dolby Atmos Audio Technology
- Tesla Plans to Add EV Components Recycling Facilities at its Shanghai Factory
- Ford Mustang Mach-E Helping Brand Reach New Buyers
- General Motors Looks to Make Long-Range EV Batteries With MIT Spinoff SolidEnergy Systems
- Ford Motor Co Announces ‘Ford Ion Park’ to Accelerate the Development & Manufacturing of Advanced EV Batteries