Lidar Startup Ouster Introduces a More Affordable 32-Channel Lidar Sensor for Self-driving Cars
【Summary】Ouster, Inc., a provider of high-resolution lidar sensors for autonomous vehicles, robotics, security, and mapping, is introducing the OS1-32, that the company calls the world’s most affordable 32-channel lidar sensor.
SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Ouster, Inc., a provider of high-resolution lidar sensors for autonomous vehicles, robotics, security, and mapping, is introducing the OS1-32, that the company calls the world's most affordable 32-channel lidar sensor.
The low-cost OS1-32 is designed to accelerate the development and deployment of perception systems. The OS1-32 offers Ouster's high-resolution digital lidar technology at an attainable price point for researchers, roboticists, and commercial applications.
The OS1-32 sensor is the most recent addition to Ouster's expanding range compact, high-resolution lidar sensors engineered for real-world commercial deployment.
The compact lidar unit has a range of 120 meters. Ouster says the OS1-32 maintains the smallest form factor and lowest weight of any commercially available high-resolution lidar sensor on the market.
"Higher resolution sensors at an affordable price are critical for moving computer vision from simple obstacle avoidance to more advanced perception, and for moving projects from R&D to commercial viability," says Ouster CEO and co-founder Angus Pacala. "The OS1-32 gives customers what they ask for the most: higher resolution at an affordable price."
In addition to the release of the OS1-32, Ouster is introducing a new modular radial cap, enabling custom mounting solutions of OS1-series lidar sensors. For customers who wish to create their own custom integration for robotics, security, automotive, and drone-based applications, Ouster will share mechanical and thermal design requirements to maintain safe, reliable, and performant sensor operation.
Ouster is now accepting OS1-32 orders, with the first sensors shipping in late November, and is priced at $8,000 for commercial applications and $6,000 for non-profit university research. While the price is too steep for production vehicles, its designed to help developers looking for a low-cost lidar for R&D purposes.
Since its founding in 2015, Ouster has secured over 550 customers and $90 million in funding. Ouster is headquartered in San Francisco and led by CEO Angus Pacala and CTO Mark Frichtl.
resource from: Business Wire
Tesla Maintains its Sales Momentum, Delivers 88,400 Electric Vehicles in the First Quarter of 2020
Automakers Ford & General Motors are Allowing Rival Tesla to Lead U.S. EV Production Until at Least 2026, Data Indicates
Toyota is Developing a Hydrogen-Powered Fuel Cell Truck With its Hino Motors Unit
Electric Automaker Tesla is Forced to Reduce its Workforce By 75% at its Fremont, California Factory
Waymo, Others Stop Testing Self-Driving Cars on California Roads Due to the Coronavirus
Tesla Begins U.S. Deliveries of the Highly Anticipated Model Y
U.S. Automakers General Motors & Ford Instruct Employees to Work From Home Beginning Next Week Due to the Coronavirus
Volkswagen is Exploring Ways to Use its EV Batteries to Power the Grid
- Britain Set to Introduce Ban on New Non-Electric Car Sales in 2035
- Volkswagen’s Truck Unit Traton SE Offers to Buy U.S. Truck Maker Navistar for $2.9 Billion
- Chinese EV Startup NIO Raises $235 Million Through Private Placements as its Runs Low on Cash
- India’s Tata Motors is Using Crowdsourcing, Allowing the Public to Vote On Future Mobility Solutions
- Tesla’s CEO Showcases How EVs Will Talk to Pedestrians
- Automakers Ford & General Motors are Allowing Rival Tesla to Lead U.S. EV Production Until at Least 2026, Data Indicates
- Bosch Develops a See-Through ‘Virtual Visor’ for Vehicles That Only Blocks Sun Glare
- Bollinger Motors Reveals the World’s First Electric Class-3 Commercial Truck Platform
- Ford’s Mustang-inspired Mach-E Crossover Secures Reservations in all 50 States
- Autonomous Driving Startup Pony.ai Receives $400 Million Investment from Toyota