Tesla kicks off a solar roof to open its home market
【Summary】Tesla revealed a solar tile roof as its new product to the public on Oct 28th, and claims it to be more "beautiful, efficient and price-worthy" than traditional roof
Tesla seems to be one step ahead of other car manufacturers. As a high-end electric car maker, its innoventions are endless.
On October 28, 2016, while surrounded by a large house, Chief Executive Officer Elon Musk revealed a completely unexpected new product to the public, a solar roof. And it's made of glass.
Although the tile is made of different material, the look is quite similar to a common tile, except being more beautiful, smooth and neatly put together. Elon Musk claimed that the tile not only excels in its look, but is also efficient and worthy of its price.
Claire Peng has over 6 years of professional experience in the media industry, covering TV, newspaper and online media. She was once a reporter and producer for Fairchild Television based in Toronto Canada, and worked as an English news reporter for the Global Times in Beijing. She writes mainly about self-driving, companies investment, and the enterprise lab.
NYU Releases the Largest LiDAR Dataset to Help Urban Development
July 13th, 2017 News of the Day: Uber merges with Yandex, U.S. to simplify driverless car rules
Hyperloop One Completes Its First Successful Test Run
July 12th, 2017 News of the Day: Faraday to move its factory, Vizio files lawsuit against LeEco
July 11th, 2017 News of the Day: Tesla to triple its service, Porsche posts half-year sales record
Faraday Future Halts Construction of $1 billion Factory in Nevada
July 10th, 2017 News of the Day: China to become Cadillac’s largest market, Oregon adds EV rebate
July 7th, 2017 News of the Day: VW partners with Kuka, Tesla to build battery factory in Australia
- Magna International to Supply Dual-Clutch & Hybrid Transmissions to BMW
- Tesla May Be Popular in the U.S., But Nissan’s Leaf Is Still the Global EV King
- With 200,000 Reservations Since Last Week, Tesla’s New Cybertruck Ignites Interest in Electric Pickups
- MIT Teaching Autonomous Cars to See Around Corners
- Huawei to Develop Radar for Self-Driving Cars in Push into Auto Industry, Execs Say
- Electric Vehicle Sales Fall After China Scales Back Subsidies
- Lidar Startup Ouster Introduces a More Affordable 32-Channel Lidar Sensor for Self-driving Cars
- Bollinger Motors Reveals its B1 & B2 Fully-Electric Utilitarian Trucks
- Elon Musk Says He’s Bringing a Model S to Nurburgring to Challenge the Porsche Taycan's Record Time
- Toyota Confirms a Compact Mass-Market EV, Here's What We Know So Far