BMW Reach Now Previews the Future of Car Ownership and Sharing
【Summary】According to stats from Turo, P2P car-sharing is “already mainstream.” With over two million users and a whopping 120,000 listed vehicles, it’s now time to take car-sharing programs more seriously.
Think P2P car-sharing still has long way to go? Think again.
According to stats from Turo, P2P car-sharing is "already mainstream." With over two million users and a whopping 120,000 listed vehicles, it's now time to take car-sharing programs more seriously.
So what caused this trend to suddenly proliferate?
Traditional car ownership has simply become too costly or impractical for individuals living in urban locations. The solution to this issue is car-sharing.
· Traditional Ownership: Expensive, depreciating and underutilized.
· Hybrid Ownership: Convenience of ownership, reduced cost of ownership and greater consumer choice.
· Zero Ownership: Accessibility, affordability and smart use of existing resources.
*Follow FutureCar on Twitter for more AutoMobility LA 2016 updates: https://twitter.com/FutureCar_Media
Michael Cheng is a legal editor and technical writer with publications for Blackberry ISHN Magazine Houzz and Payment Week. He specializes in technology business and digesting hard data. Outside of work Michael likes to train for marathons spend time with his daughter and explore new places.
Waymo Receives Permit to Participate in California’s Autonomous Vehicle Pilot
How Do Autonomous Cars Deal with Double-parked Vehicles?
Kitty Hawk and Boeing Form Partnership to Make Flying Cars Safer
Waymo to Bring Driverless Cars to France and Japan via Nissan-Renault Partnership
Porsche Forecasts EVs Going Mainstream
Zomato Tests Drones for Food Deliveries in India
Alibaba Brings Tmall Genie to Audi, Honda and Renault Vehicles
Driverless Sensor Startup Sense Photonics Raises $26 Million in Series A Funding
- Chinese Automaker BAIC is Planning to Raise its Stake in Daimler to Become its Biggest Shareholder
- Daimler Starts Testing Autonomous Mercedes-Benz S-Class Taxis in California
- India’s Tata Motors is Using Crowdsourcing, Allowing the Public to Vote On Future Mobility Solutions
- Waymo Puts out 14 Minute Video for First Responder Precautions
- Volvo’s Venture Capital Arm Invests in Silicon Valley VC Firm Autotech Ventures
- Fiat Chrysler & Foxconn Plan an Electric Vehicle Joint Venture in China
- The BMW iX3 All-electric Crossover Will Get More Range Than Power
- Volkswagen Unveils a Robotic Mobile EV Charging Concept
- President Trump Sign Executive Order to Study Threats to the U.S. Global Positioning System
- Ferrari Patent Application Hints at Possible EV