BMW Reach Now Previews the Future of Car Ownership and Sharing
【Summary】According to stats from Turo, P2P car-sharing is “already mainstream.” With over two million users and a whopping 120,000 listed vehicles, it’s now time to take car-sharing programs more seriously.
Think P2P car-sharing still has long way to go? Think again.
According to stats from Turo, P2P car-sharing is "already mainstream." With over two million users and a whopping 120,000 listed vehicles, it's now time to take car-sharing programs more seriously.
So what caused this trend to suddenly proliferate?
Traditional car ownership has simply become too costly or impractical for individuals living in urban locations. The solution to this issue is car-sharing.
· Traditional Ownership: Expensive, depreciating and underutilized.
· Hybrid Ownership: Convenience of ownership, reduced cost of ownership and greater consumer choice.
· Zero Ownership: Accessibility, affordability and smart use of existing resources.
*Follow FutureCar on Twitter for more AutoMobility LA 2016 updates: https://twitter.com/FutureCar_Media
Michael Cheng is a legal editor and technical writer with publications for Blackberry ISHN Magazine Houzz and Payment Week. He specializes in technology business and digesting hard data. Outside of work Michael likes to train for marathons spend time with his daughter and explore new places.
Zomato Tests Drones for Food Deliveries in India
Alibaba Brings Tmall Genie to Audi, Honda and Renault Vehicles
Driverless Sensor Startup Sense Photonics Raises $26 Million in Series A Funding
Startup Alaka'i Unveils Hydrogen-powered Flying Car
BMW and Jaguar Land Rover Collaborate on Electric Vehicles
Waymo’s Autonomous Trucks Enter New Testing Phase in Phoenix
Didi Chuxing Partners with China’s State Grid, Explores EV Services
GM and Bechtel to Build Massive EV Charging Network
- Phantom Auto Expands to Remote-Control Trucks, Completes Series A Funding
- Germany Opens First Electric Highway to Charge Hybrid Semi-Trucks
- The NTSB Determines Tesla ‘Autopilot’ Was Engaged Before Fatal Crash in Florida
- Workhorse, the EV Company Looking to Move Into GM’s Shuttered Ohio Plant Gets a $25 Million Cash Infusion
- Tesla’s Long Range Model S Now Has a Range of 370 Miles
- GM Says its Vehicle Lineup Will Be Capable of Receiving OTA Updates Beginning in 2023
- Ford Will Introduce its Tesla Model Y Rival Later This Year
- With a Price Cap, Canada Excludes Tesla Models from the Proposed $5,000 EV Incentive
- Volkswagen Begins Taking Pre-orders in Europe for the ID Electric Hatchback
- Uber Introduces a Voucher Program that Allows Businesses to Buy Rides for Their Customers