BMW Reach Now Previews the Future of Car Ownership and Sharing
【Summary】According to stats from Turo, P2P car-sharing is “already mainstream.” With over two million users and a whopping 120,000 listed vehicles, it’s now time to take car-sharing programs more seriously.
Think P2P car-sharing still has long way to go? Think again.
According to stats from Turo, P2P car-sharing is "already mainstream." With over two million users and a whopping 120,000 listed vehicles, it's now time to take car-sharing programs more seriously.
So what caused this trend to suddenly proliferate?
Traditional car ownership has simply become too costly or impractical for individuals living in urban locations. The solution to this issue is car-sharing.
· Traditional Ownership: Expensive, depreciating and underutilized.
· Hybrid Ownership: Convenience of ownership, reduced cost of ownership and greater consumer choice.
· Zero Ownership: Accessibility, affordability and smart use of existing resources.
*Follow FutureCar on Twitter for more AutoMobility LA 2016 updates: https://twitter.com/FutureCar_Media
Michael Cheng is a legal editor and technical writer with publications for Blackberry ISHN Magazine Houzz and Payment Week. He specializes in technology business and digesting hard data. Outside of work Michael likes to train for marathons spend time with his daughter and explore new places.
Waymo Receives Permit to Participate in California’s Autonomous Vehicle Pilot
How Do Autonomous Cars Deal with Double-parked Vehicles?
Kitty Hawk and Boeing Form Partnership to Make Flying Cars Safer
Waymo to Bring Driverless Cars to France and Japan via Nissan-Renault Partnership
Porsche Forecasts EVs Going Mainstream
Zomato Tests Drones for Food Deliveries in India
Alibaba Brings Tmall Genie to Audi, Honda and Renault Vehicles
Driverless Sensor Startup Sense Photonics Raises $26 Million in Series A Funding
- Autonomous Delivery Startup Gatik Emerges From Stealth, Announces Partnership with Walmart
- FCA-Renault Merger Could Help EVs, Autonomous Cars Come to America
- BMW China and Beijing-based Mapping Company NavInfo to Develop HD Maps for Autonomous Driving
- Car-Sharing Platform Turo Raises $250 Million From Media Company IAC
- Tesla's Senior Production Executive at Fremont Factory Quits
- Self-driving Truck Startup TuSimple Launching ‘Autonomous Vehicle Operations Specialist Program’ with Local College
- Russia's Yandex is Looking to Grow its Self-Driving Car Fleet Tenfold to Accelerate Developement
- Tesla Delivers a Record Number of Electric Vehicles in the Quarter
- California Bill Could Increase EV Rebates up to $7,500
- Sumitomo Develops a Concept Tire Sensor That Generates Electricity