BMW Reach Now Previews the Future of Car Ownership and Sharing
【Summary】According to stats from Turo, P2P car-sharing is “already mainstream.” With over two million users and a whopping 120,000 listed vehicles, it’s now time to take car-sharing programs more seriously.
Think P2P car-sharing still has long way to go? Think again.
According to stats from Turo, P2P car-sharing is "already mainstream." With over two million users and a whopping 120,000 listed vehicles, it's now time to take car-sharing programs more seriously.
So what caused this trend to suddenly proliferate?
Traditional car ownership has simply become too costly or impractical for individuals living in urban locations. The solution to this issue is car-sharing.
· Traditional Ownership: Expensive, depreciating and underutilized.
· Hybrid Ownership: Convenience of ownership, reduced cost of ownership and greater consumer choice.
· Zero Ownership: Accessibility, affordability and smart use of existing resources.
*Follow FutureCar on Twitter for more AutoMobility LA 2016 updates: https://twitter.com/FutureCar_Media
Michael Cheng is a legal editor and technical writer with publications for Blackberry ISHN Magazine Houzz and Payment Week. He specializes in technology business and digesting hard data. Outside of work Michael likes to train for marathons spend time with his daughter and explore new places.
Waymo Receives Permit to Participate in California’s Autonomous Vehicle Pilot
How Do Autonomous Cars Deal with Double-parked Vehicles?
Kitty Hawk and Boeing Form Partnership to Make Flying Cars Safer
Waymo to Bring Driverless Cars to France and Japan via Nissan-Renault Partnership
Porsche Forecasts EVs Going Mainstream
Zomato Tests Drones for Food Deliveries in India
Alibaba Brings Tmall Genie to Audi, Honda and Renault Vehicles
Driverless Sensor Startup Sense Photonics Raises $26 Million in Series A Funding
- Ford Announces Improved Ranges for the Mach-E Electric SUV After 10 Minutes of DC Fast Charging
- Fiat 500 Returns as Grown-Up, All-Electric City Car
- What Effect Will COVID-19 Have on the EV Industry?
- Tesla Under Investigation by the NHTSA Over Failing Touchscreen Displays in the Model S
- Toyota and its Partners Are Building Maps for Autonomous Vehicles Using Satellite Images & Dash Cam Footage
- Continental Signs Agreement With Pioneer to Develop an Integrated High-Performance Vehicle Cockpit
- Nissan Motor Co is Looking to Become a Much Smaller Automaker, Sources Say
- Documents Submitted by Tesla in China Hint at a Production Increase at the Company’s Shanghai Gigafactory
- Hyundai's Kona Electric SUV Will Get a Range Boost to 301 Miles Starting This Month
- BMW Decides its New iX3 Electric SUV is Not Coming to the U.S. as Planned