You can command your Hyundai with Amazon Echo
【Summary】You can command your Hyundai with Amazon Echo
Freezing cold outside? Ice on the windshield? Tell Alexa to start up your Hyundai and set the defroster to 85 degrees F. See that punk teenager with the skateboard headed toward your house again at night? Tell Alexa to lock the car door.
Hyundai and Amazon announced "Blue Link Skill for Amazon Alexa." This is the home appliance voice recognition system whcih can communicate with late-model Hyundais.
Hyundai, the Korean automaker, said the system will be integrated with its upcoming line of Prius-fighters, the Ioniq. It will be available as a hybrid, a plug-in hybrid, and an all-electric car.
You'll be able to program your car to start charging, for example, when utility rates are lower.
Amazon is also working with Ford and BMW on similar deals.
resource from: Los Angels Times
Lydia is the project manager of audience development and social media at Futurecar. Lydia started her career in Tokyo at a Fortune Global 500 company before moving to Silicon Valley. Lydia put her bilingual skills to the test by covering the automobile industry and entrepreneurship. Her other journalism experience includes a sports reporting internship at Titan Media and numerous freelance writing gigs. Her professional skills include content optimization, business innovation, and working with industry trends in technology sectors. Lydia holds an M.A in Public Policy from Hitotsubashi University and B.A. in Arts Journalism from Fudan University.
Nov 30th, 2017 News of the Day: Volvo’s car subscription service sounds like good way to get the new XC40
Nov 29th, 2017 News of the Day: BMW unveils new i8 Roadster and Coupe with more electric range
Nov 28th, 2017 News of the Day: Lynk & Co. starts selling an SUV with a dedicated car share button in China
Oct 13th, 2017 News of the Day: Baidu plans to mass produce Level 4 self-driving cars with BAIC by 2021
Oct 12th, 2017 News of the Day: CarGurus spikes 72% in auto marketplace IPO
Oct 11th, 2017 News of the Day: Ford invests in Autonomic to make open-source mobility service platform
Oct 10th, 2017 News of the Day: Nvidia unveils new supercomputer for level 5 autonomous driving
Oct 9th, 2017 News of the Day: Renault launches its own new energy subsidiary to develop grid products
- Baidu Announces 'Apollo Lite' a Camera-based Autonomous Driving Technology
- Tesla Delivers a Record Number of Electric Vehicles in the Quarter
- Elektrobit to Provide Software to Baidu for its Apollo Automated Parking Project
- How Do Autonomous Cars Deal with Double-parked Vehicles?
- Toyota to Team Up with China’s CATL to Develop Batteries for Electric Vehicles
- Peloton Technology Develops Tech to Give One Truck Driver Control Over Multiple Vehicles
- BMW Installs 100 EV Charging Stations at U.S. National Parks
- Lidar Startup Luminar Raises $100 Million in Latest Funding Round, Is Working with 12 of the World’s Largest Automotive Companies
- Subaru, Mazda Join Toyota and SoftBank’s Autonomous Car Venture
- Ford, Volkswagen Promise Details on Electric & Autonomous Vehicle Partnership