2050 - A panel discussion about cities of the future
【Summary】Urban design experts sit together and discuss what transformative urban trends will be reshaping our cities and repainting our landscape, to serve as a prelude for tomorrow's Design and Developer Challenge that fully envisage city of autonomous car in 2050.
What will the "smart cities" that support autonomous vehicles look like by the year 2050 A.D.? Changes in attitudes, technologies, social frameworks, materials and mobility will all impact how we design and build our cities over the next 30 years. The Design and Developer Challenge at the Automobility LA 2016 Show offers a glimpse into tomorrow. Urban design experts gathered together to discuss the transformative urban trends that will reshape our cities.
The thought leaders heading the panel discussion included Jeffrey Tumlin, Director of Strategy at Nelson/Nygaard; Mark Bünger,VP of Research at Lux Research and Gerry Tierney, Associate Principal at Perkins & Will.
But what's more exciting is tomorrow's annoucement regarding the 2016 Design and Developer Challenge winner.
This year's competiting teams include: CH Auto and Creative Mobi, Crayola and Qoros Auto, Fandango and Jaunt VR, Honda, Lego and Trigger, Kiska and KTM.
Designers and developers have been required to work together to create a short film that answers the following questions:
How will the city of Los Angeles evolve to accommodate for autonomous transportation?
What kinds of experiences will people be able to have within autonomous vehicles?
What are the vehicles that enable these experiences like?
How will the vehicle and in-vehicle experience fundamentally transform people's lives?
Who will win this prestigious award?
Claire Peng has over 6 years of professional experience in the media industry, covering TV, newspaper and online media. She was once a reporter and producer for Fairchild Television based in Toronto Canada, and worked as an English news reporter for the Global Times in Beijing. She writes mainly about self-driving, companies investment, and the enterprise lab.
NYU Releases the Largest LiDAR Dataset to Help Urban Development
July 13th, 2017 News of the Day: Uber merges with Yandex, U.S. to simplify driverless car rules
Hyperloop One Completes Its First Successful Test Run
July 12th, 2017 News of the Day: Faraday to move its factory, Vizio files lawsuit against LeEco
July 11th, 2017 News of the Day: Tesla to triple its service, Porsche posts half-year sales record
Faraday Future Halts Construction of $1 billion Factory in Nevada
July 10th, 2017 News of the Day: China to become Cadillac’s largest market, Oregon adds EV rebate
July 7th, 2017 News of the Day: VW partners with Kuka, Tesla to build battery factory in Australia
- Mercedes-Benz to Make its Sindelfingen Tech Center its Global ‘Electric Software Hub’, Plans to Hire 3,000 Developers
- GM Advises Bolt EV Owners to Park Vehicles Outside Over Fire Risk
- The New Mercedes-Benz AMG GT63 S E Plug-in Hybrid is the Most Powerful AMG Model Ever Made
- China's Tesla Challenger NIO Inc. Plans to Have 4,000 EV Battery Swapping Stations Online by 2025
- E-bikes, Scooters From Ford's Micro-Mobility Unit Spin Will Now Be Shown in Google Maps
- China’s Tesla Rival NIO Produces its First C-Sample Silicon Carbide Drive Unit for the Upcoming ET7 Sedan
- Tesla’s Battery Supplier CATL to Start Production of Sodium-ion EV Batteries Next Year
- General Motors to Suspend Production at 8 Plants in North America Due to Ongoing Chip Shortages
- Volkswagen ID.8 Confirmed as a New Full-Size Electric SUV
- Research Reveals EVs Are Affordable to Maintain, But Costly to Repair