Sébastien Stassin - Designing for the Outliers
During our lifetimes, autonomous technology will offer us vehicles that will deliver consistently reliable and safe driving experiences. But where does that leave those for whom the siren song of emotion calls? For these people — the adrenaline junky, the "hipster"" tinkerer, and the artist — the thrilling or visceral drives their automotive desires. In a future automotive landscape where reason reigns supreme, discover how disruptive brand thinking can enable outlier brands to design experiences motivated by feeling, rather than just logic.
Sébastien Stassin, while serving as the Chief Creative Officer for Europe's largest independent design studio KISKA GmbH, shared the design for the outliers. Brand and technology offer different directions in new generation cars. The concept of a "brand" offers certain promises. When those promises are delivered consumers have reached a "moment of truth." What is more pivotal to the success of a company? Is it innovation, design or brand? Answering that question is one of the major challenges people like Mr. Stassin will face.
Lydia is the project manager of audience development and social media at Futurecar. Lydia started her career in Tokyo at a Fortune Global 500 company before moving to Silicon Valley. Lydia put her bilingual skills to the test by covering the automobile industry and entrepreneurship. Her other journalism experience includes a sports reporting internship at Titan Media and numerous freelance writing gigs. Her professional skills include content optimization, business innovation, and working with industry trends in technology sectors. Lydia holds an M.A in Public Policy from Hitotsubashi University and B.A. in Arts Journalism from Fudan University.
Nov 30th, 2017 News of the Day: Volvo’s car subscription service sounds like good way to get the new XC40
Nov 29th, 2017 News of the Day: BMW unveils new i8 Roadster and Coupe with more electric range
Nov 28th, 2017 News of the Day: Lynk & Co. starts selling an SUV with a dedicated car share button in China
Oct 13th, 2017 News of the Day: Baidu plans to mass produce Level 4 self-driving cars with BAIC by 2021
Oct 12th, 2017 News of the Day: CarGurus spikes 72% in auto marketplace IPO
Oct 11th, 2017 News of the Day: Ford invests in Autonomic to make open-source mobility service platform
Oct 10th, 2017 News of the Day: Nvidia unveils new supercomputer for level 5 autonomous driving
Oct 9th, 2017 News of the Day: Renault launches its own new energy subsidiary to develop grid products
- EV Startup NIO Begins Deliveries of its ES6 Crossover
- ANSYS & Edge Case Research Looking to Transform Autonomous Vehicle AI
- The 275 Mile Range Polestar 2 EV Makes its U.S. Debut in San Francisco
- Rumor Mill: The BMW M140e Hatchback to Feature a 400 HP Electrified Powertrain
- Elon Musk Believes Tesla’s Prices Will Rise When Autonomous Tech Increases
- Audi Unveils e-tron Electric Scooter, Skateboard Combo
- Argo AI Begins Testing Self-Driving Fords in Detroit
- Elektrobit to Provide Software to Baidu for its Apollo Automated Parking Project
- Bosch Inks Deal with China's CATL for 48-Volt Hybrid Vehicle Batteries
- Waymo is Offering Free WiFi in its Robo-Taxis to Lure in Riders