Sébastien Stassin - Designing for the Outliers
During our lifetimes, autonomous technology will offer us vehicles that will deliver consistently reliable and safe driving experiences. But where does that leave those for whom the siren song of emotion calls? For these people — the adrenaline junky, the "hipster"" tinkerer, and the artist — the thrilling or visceral drives their automotive desires. In a future automotive landscape where reason reigns supreme, discover how disruptive brand thinking can enable outlier brands to design experiences motivated by feeling, rather than just logic.
Sébastien Stassin, while serving as the Chief Creative Officer for Europe's largest independent design studio KISKA GmbH, shared the design for the outliers. Brand and technology offer different directions in new generation cars. The concept of a "brand" offers certain promises. When those promises are delivered consumers have reached a "moment of truth." What is more pivotal to the success of a company? Is it innovation, design or brand? Answering that question is one of the major challenges people like Mr. Stassin will face.
Lydia is the project manager of audience development and social media at Futurecar. Lydia started her career in Tokyo at a Fortune Global 500 company before moving to Silicon Valley. Lydia put her bilingual skills to the test by covering the automobile industry and entrepreneurship. Her other journalism experience includes a sports reporting internship at Titan Media and numerous freelance writing gigs. Her professional skills include content optimization, business innovation, and working with industry trends in technology sectors. Lydia holds an M.A in Public Policy from Hitotsubashi University and B.A. in Arts Journalism from Fudan University.
Nov 30th, 2017 News of the Day: Volvo’s car subscription service sounds like good way to get the new XC40
Nov 29th, 2017 News of the Day: BMW unveils new i8 Roadster and Coupe with more electric range
Nov 28th, 2017 News of the Day: Lynk & Co. starts selling an SUV with a dedicated car share button in China
Oct 13th, 2017 News of the Day: Baidu plans to mass produce Level 4 self-driving cars with BAIC by 2021
Oct 12th, 2017 News of the Day: CarGurus spikes 72% in auto marketplace IPO
Oct 11th, 2017 News of the Day: Ford invests in Autonomic to make open-source mobility service platform
Oct 10th, 2017 News of the Day: Nvidia unveils new supercomputer for level 5 autonomous driving
Oct 9th, 2017 News of the Day: Renault launches its own new energy subsidiary to develop grid products
- Volkswagen Claims its EV Batteries Will Last the Life of the Vehicle
- How Will Self-driving Vehicles Keep Passengers Safe in Natural Disasters?
- Polestar 1 Enters Final Prototype Stage Before Production
- EU Requires EVs to Have Fake Engine Noise
- Former Tesla VP of Production Joins Rival Electric Automaker Lucid Motors
- Baidu Denies Planning Spin-off of its Apollo Autonomous Driving Platform
- Ford and Agility Robotics Collaborate on Autonomous Vehicle-to-Robot Doorstep Deliveries
- Aeva Strikes LIDAR Supplier Agreement with Audi's AID
- Volkswagen Begins Taking Pre-orders in Europe for the ID Electric Hatchback
- Uber Sets its IPO Terms, is Aiming for a Valuation up to $91.5 Billion