AutomobilityLA Day 2: Local Motors presents their intelligent electric bus Olli
【Summary】On Day 2 of AutomobiligyLA 2016, Local Motors CEO Jay Rogers proudly introduced their product Olli- their first cognitive, autonomous electric vehicle with IBM Watson technology.
On day two of Automobillity LA 2016, major automakers are showing off their latest cars and technology. While in terms of crowd powered mobility, Local Motors CEO Jay Rogers proudly introduced their product Olli — their first cognitive, autonomous electric vehicle with IBM Watson technology.
The small bus can carry up to 12 people and is the first vehicle to utilize the cloud-based cognitive computing capability of IBM to analyze and learn from high volumes of transportation data, produced by 30 sensors embedded throughout the vehicle. Meanwhile, Olli helps reduce the output of emissions in dense urban areas and helps cut down on noise pollution.
For passengers, they can just use the phone to book a trip with Olli. Furthermore, passengers can interact conversationally with Olli while traveling from point A to point B, or even ask Olli about recommendations on local places of interest and popular restaurants.
"Olli offers a smart, safe and sustainable transportation solution that is long overdue. It with Watch Internet of Things (IoT) technology acts as our entry into the world of self-driving vehicles. We are now ready to accelerate the adoption of this technology and apply it to nearly every vehicle in our current portfolio and those in the very near future." Jay Rogers said, at Olli's initial launch in June this year.
Local Motors is a technology company that designs, builds and sells vehicles by combining co-creation with local micro-manufacturing to bring hardware innovations, like the world's first 3D-printed cars.
Claire Peng has over 6 years of professional experience in the media industry, covering TV, newspaper and online media. She was once a reporter and producer for Fairchild Television based in Toronto Canada, and worked as an English news reporter for the Global Times in Beijing. She writes mainly about self-driving, companies investment, and the enterprise lab.
NYU Releases the Largest LiDAR Dataset to Help Urban Development
July 13th, 2017 News of the Day: Uber merges with Yandex, U.S. to simplify driverless car rules
Hyperloop One Completes Its First Successful Test Run
July 12th, 2017 News of the Day: Faraday to move its factory, Vizio files lawsuit against LeEco
July 11th, 2017 News of the Day: Tesla to triple its service, Porsche posts half-year sales record
Faraday Future Halts Construction of $1 billion Factory in Nevada
July 10th, 2017 News of the Day: China to become Cadillac’s largest market, Oregon adds EV rebate
July 7th, 2017 News of the Day: VW partners with Kuka, Tesla to build battery factory in Australia
- General Motors Holding Talks to Sell Lordstown Factory to Startup Workhorse
- Utility Giant Duke Energy to Invest $76 Million in EV Charging Programs
- GM Investing $24 Million in Indiana Plant to Boost Pickup Truck Production
- Volvo & NVIDIA Announce a New Partnership to Develop Autonomous Vehicles
- Uber Looking to Sell a Minority Stake in its Autonomous Vehicle Unit
- BMW and Jaguar Land Rover Collaborate on Electric Vehicles
- Workhorse, the EV Company Looking to Move Into GM’s Shuttered Ohio Plant Gets a $25 Million Cash Infusion
- General Motors CEO Defends Plan to Sell its Shuttered Ohio Assembly Plant to EV Startup Workhorse
- France & Germany to Support a EV Battery Consortium With PSA Group and Battery Maker Saft
- China to Scale Back EV Subsidies to Push for Better Cars