Porsche debuts two long-distance sportscars at LA Auto Show
【Summary】On Day 2 of LA Auto Show, Porsche presents two global debuts for the long haul: Panamera Executive and 911 RSR.
On Day 2 of LA Auto Show, Porsche presents two global debuts for the long haul: Panamera Executive and 911 RSR.
Long version with sporty comfort: Panamera Executive
The new Panamera Executive models are luxurious versions of the Gran Turismo with a longer wheel base, combining dynamic performance with outstanding comfort. With this long version, Porsche is satisfying the needs of customers who demand maximum space in the rear. Four different versions are available: the Panamera Turbo Executive, The Panamera 4S Executive, the Panamera 4 E-Hybrid Executive with a plug-in hybrid drive and the Porsche Panamera 4 Executive with a new three-litre V6 turbo engine, which is also celebrating its world premiere in Los Angeles.All four models are equipped with adaptive air suspension, a panoramic roof system, electric comfort seats at the front and rear as well as rear roll-up sunblinds
A winner for the future: the new long-distance race car 911 RSR
With Maria Sharapova and Patrick Dempsey gracing the global debut of Porsche 911 RSR, the new sportscar is a complete redevelopment: The chassis, body structure, engine and transmission have been redesigned from scratch. It features a hanging rear wing, like that of the 919 Hybrid. Combined with the large rear diffuser, this improves downforce and aerodynamic efficiency significantly. The highlighted innovation under the carbon fiber shell is the six-cylinder flat engine, which is now located in front of the rear axle.
Claire Peng has over 6 years of professional experience in the media industry, covering TV, newspaper and online media. She was once a reporter and producer for Fairchild Television based in Toronto Canada, and worked as an English news reporter for the Global Times in Beijing. She writes mainly about self-driving, companies investment, and the enterprise lab.
NYU Releases the Largest LiDAR Dataset to Help Urban Development
July 13th, 2017 News of the Day: Uber merges with Yandex, U.S. to simplify driverless car rules
Hyperloop One Completes Its First Successful Test Run
July 12th, 2017 News of the Day: Faraday to move its factory, Vizio files lawsuit against LeEco
July 11th, 2017 News of the Day: Tesla to triple its service, Porsche posts half-year sales record
Faraday Future Halts Construction of $1 billion Factory in Nevada
July 10th, 2017 News of the Day: China to become Cadillac’s largest market, Oregon adds EV rebate
July 7th, 2017 News of the Day: VW partners with Kuka, Tesla to build battery factory in Australia
- Self-Driving Startup Pony.ai Launches Autonomous Robotaxi Pilot with the City of Fremont, California
- Jaguar Land Rover Unveils Autonomous and Electric ‘Project Vector’ Shuttle Concept
- Waymo’s Autonomous Fleet Surpasses the 20 Million Mile Mark
- Ferrari Patent Application Hints at Possible EV
- Honda Planning to Debut Level 3 Autonomous Car in Japan Next Year
- Chinese Consumers More Trusting of Autonomous Cars Than Westerners, Claims Survey
- Tesla to Borrow $1.4 Billion for Shanghai Factory & China Operations
- Luxury Electric Automaker Lucid Motors Opens Up Reservations for its Air Sedan
- GM to Revive the Hummer Nameplate as an Electric Pickup & SUV Brand, Sources Say
- California Automaker Fisker Inc. to Debut the Fully-Electric Ocean SUV at CES, Electrify America Announced as EV Charging Partner