Porsche debuts two long-distance sportscars at LA Auto Show
【Summary】On Day 2 of LA Auto Show, Porsche presents two global debuts for the long haul: Panamera Executive and 911 RSR.
On Day 2 of LA Auto Show, Porsche presents two global debuts for the long haul: Panamera Executive and 911 RSR.
Long version with sporty comfort: Panamera Executive
The new Panamera Executive models are luxurious versions of the Gran Turismo with a longer wheel base, combining dynamic performance with outstanding comfort. With this long version, Porsche is satisfying the needs of customers who demand maximum space in the rear. Four different versions are available: the Panamera Turbo Executive, The Panamera 4S Executive, the Panamera 4 E-Hybrid Executive with a plug-in hybrid drive and the Porsche Panamera 4 Executive with a new three-litre V6 turbo engine, which is also celebrating its world premiere in Los Angeles.All four models are equipped with adaptive air suspension, a panoramic roof system, electric comfort seats at the front and rear as well as rear roll-up sunblinds
A winner for the future: the new long-distance race car 911 RSR
With Maria Sharapova and Patrick Dempsey gracing the global debut of Porsche 911 RSR, the new sportscar is a complete redevelopment: The chassis, body structure, engine and transmission have been redesigned from scratch. It features a hanging rear wing, like that of the 919 Hybrid. Combined with the large rear diffuser, this improves downforce and aerodynamic efficiency significantly. The highlighted innovation under the carbon fiber shell is the six-cylinder flat engine, which is now located in front of the rear axle.
Claire Peng has over 6 years of professional experience in the media industry, covering TV, newspaper and online media. She was once a reporter and producer for Fairchild Television based in Toronto Canada, and worked as an English news reporter for the Global Times in Beijing. She writes mainly about self-driving, companies investment, and the enterprise lab.
NYU Releases the Largest LiDAR Dataset to Help Urban Development
July 13th, 2017 News of the Day: Uber merges with Yandex, U.S. to simplify driverless car rules
Hyperloop One Completes Its First Successful Test Run
July 12th, 2017 News of the Day: Faraday to move its factory, Vizio files lawsuit against LeEco
July 11th, 2017 News of the Day: Tesla to triple its service, Porsche posts half-year sales record
Faraday Future Halts Construction of $1 billion Factory in Nevada
July 10th, 2017 News of the Day: China to become Cadillac’s largest market, Oregon adds EV rebate
July 7th, 2017 News of the Day: VW partners with Kuka, Tesla to build battery factory in Australia
- Uber Reports $1.2 Billion Loss in Q3, CEO Says the Company Will Be Profitable by 2021
- Waymo Brings Autonomous Cars to Los Angeles to Map the City
- Tesla Reports a Record Quarter, Delivering 97,000 Electric Vehicles
- New Consortium Aims to Develop a Standardized Computing Platform for Autonomous Vehicles
- Mazda Introducing its First EV Next Month
- Fiat Chrysler & PSA Group Reach Deal to Become the World’s 4th Biggest Automaker
- Tesla Will Unveil its new Electric ‘Cybertruck’ on Nov 21
- Hyundai Forms a New Urban Air Mobility Division, Hires Former NASA Engineer
- China’s BIAC Group to Launch a New ‘Intelligent Car’ Brand
- Airless Tires May Find a Market for Self-Driving Cars & Robo Taxi Fleets