The First Cabriolet and the Most Powerful E-Class Ever from Mercedes-Benz at LA Auto Show
【Summary】At the 2016 LA Auto Show, Mercedes-Benz Cars is presenting two new models from the very pinnacle of their respective classes: the first-ever cabriolet made by Mercedes-Maybach along with the most powerful E-Class which sees Mercedes-AMG set the new benchmark in the performance segment.
At the 2016 LA Auto Show, Mercedes-Benz Cars is presenting two new models from the very pinnacle of their respective classes: the first-ever cabriolet made by Mercedes-Maybach along with the most powerful E-Class which sees Mercedes-AMG set the new benchmark in the performance segment.
The Mercedes-Maybach S 650 Cabriolet embodies modern luxury in its most exclusive form. The luxurious four-seater in a limited edition of 300 will be launched in the spring of 2017- at a price of 300,000 euros net (only 75 units will sell in the United States). The car is powered by a 6.0-litre V12 engine with an output of 463 kW.
While the performance brand Mercedes-AMG is scoring a double hit at the LA auto show with two new generations of the E 63 4MATIC+, which offer an outstanding combination of performance and long-distance comfort. Superlative drive is delivered by the most powerful engine ever fitted in an E-Class-a 4.0-litere V8 biturbo engine with outputs of 420 kW and 450 kW. At the same time, the engine is also now even more efficient, partly because of the cylinder deactivation function.
Mercedes-Benz records a sales increase of 11.7 percent worldwide for the year-to-date. "Fired up by strong demand for our SUVs, the new E-Class and our dream cars, we're well on our way to finishing 2016 with an outsatnding result." Dietmar Exler, President & CEO of Mercedes-BEnz USA said in a recent company new release.
Claire Peng has over 6 years of professional experience in the media industry, covering TV, newspaper and online media. She was once a reporter and producer for Fairchild Television based in Toronto Canada, and worked as an English news reporter for the Global Times in Beijing. She writes mainly about self-driving, companies investment, and the enterprise lab.
NYU Releases the Largest LiDAR Dataset to Help Urban Development
July 13th, 2017 News of the Day: Uber merges with Yandex, U.S. to simplify driverless car rules
Hyperloop One Completes Its First Successful Test Run
July 12th, 2017 News of the Day: Faraday to move its factory, Vizio files lawsuit against LeEco
July 11th, 2017 News of the Day: Tesla to triple its service, Porsche posts half-year sales record
Faraday Future Halts Construction of $1 billion Factory in Nevada
July 10th, 2017 News of the Day: China to become Cadillac’s largest market, Oregon adds EV rebate
July 7th, 2017 News of the Day: VW partners with Kuka, Tesla to build battery factory in Australia
- Mercedes Benz & Geely Form a New Joint Venture for the Smart Brand in China
- Uber Reports $1.2 Billion Loss in Q3, CEO Says the Company Will Be Profitable by 2021
- MIT Teaching Autonomous Cars to See Around Corners
- Tesla Stock Soars After the Electric Automaker Reports Q3 Profit
- Self-driving Startup AutoX Applies for a Permit to Test its Vehicles Without a Human Backup Driver in California
- Beijing Adds Extra 25-Square Mile Area of Testing for Autonomous Cars
- Here’s What We Know About Tesla’s Upcoming Electric Pickup Truck
- Porsche to Launch Online Vehicle Sales
- Continental AG Powertrain Arm Rebrands as Vitesco Technologies, Supplying Electric Drive Units to Hyundai and Groupe PSA
- World's Largest EV Battery Producer CATL Expects up to 50% Growth This Year as Demand Soars