Polestar Precept Concept Set to Become 2024 Polestar 5
【Summary】The Polestar Precept Concept that was unveiled last year will officially go into production in 2024.
At the beginning of last year, Polestar unveiled the stunning Precept concept. As with many other concepts, Polestar was using the Precept as a way to preview the design of its cars going forward. The sweeping four-door sedan featured a Sportback design, a LiDAR pod on the roof for advanced safety features, and simplistic lines that Polestar has become known for. For fans of Polestar's electric vehicles, we have some good news.
New Polestar Model Coming
Earlier this September, Polestar announced that it would be coming out with a production version of the Precept before 2025. In the same announcement, Polestar stated that the production version of the Precept would become the brand's flagship model. Now for the good news. Polestar is ready to provide some more details about the production version of the Precept and has finally given us a look at what the road car could look like.
Polestar stated that the Precept concept will be called the Polestar 5 when it officially goes on sale. That would put the vehicle at the top of Polestar's range, which includes the 1, the 2, and the 3. We're surprised to hear that the Polestar 5 will become the brand's flagship vehicle, as the Polestar 1 starts at $155,000. Usually, flagships tend to be the most expensive vehicles and have the most cutting-edge tech features. We'll have to wait and see to hear about pricing for the Polestar 5 to see where it officially sits in the automaker's lineup.
While it's still a few years away, Polestar stated that the Polestar 5 will come out in 2024. We expect the sedan to come out at approximately the same time as the Polestar 3 and 4. Both of those are expected to be SUVs. In an attempt to fit in with other upscale electric cars on the market, the Polestar 5 is classified as a sedan with a hatchback rear end. Polestar claims the vehicle will be "an electric performance four-door grand touring car." The classification makes it a neat competitor to the Mercedes-Benz EQS, Tesla Model S, and Lucid Air.
High-Tech And Sporty
Polestar released a video of the Precept concept being turned into a production model, highlighting the vehicle's exterior design. The company claims that a few of the Precept's design elements will carry over into the Polestar 3 SUV, like the sedan's sharp creases. While Polestar is ready to share more details about the Polestar 5 sedan, the automaker isn't ready to provide a lot of images. The brand only put out one image of the sedan.
We look forward to getting more details about Polestar's upcoming vehicle, as it looks like an EV and a good car for the brand to have. The vehicle will have some exciting tech features and even more Android Automotive integrations. The Polestar 5 will be able to recognize the driver as they approach the vehicle and automatically open his or her favorite applications.
Vineeth Joel Patel
Joel Patel has been covering all aspects of the automotive industry for four years as an editor and freelance writer for various websites. When it comes to cars, he enjoys covering the merger between technology and cars. In his spare time, Joel likes to watch baseball, work on his car, and try new foods
Ralph Nader Calls for NHTSA to Remove Tesla Full Self-Driving
California DMV Accuses Tesla of Making False Claims About its Driver-Assist Systems
Automakers Urge Consumers to Buy an EV Before Tax Credit Changes
Toyota Offering Multiple Solutions for Non-Drivable bZ4X Electric SUVs
GM's Rebate of up to $6,000 on the Bolt EV and EUV Has a Big Stipulation
BMW Expands i4 Lineup With the Affordable eDrive35
Faraday Future Delays Launch of FF91 Electric SUV Again
New Senate Deal Would Expand EV Tax Credits
- EV Startup VinFast is Offering 3 Years of Free EV Charging and Advanced Driver Assist System for Customers That Reserve a Vehicle Through Sept 30
- Electric Truck Startup Bollinger Motors Partners With Roush on Commercial Platforms For EVs
- Qualcomm Ventures Invests in ThunderX, a Company Developing a Domain Controller-based Intelligent Vehicle Compute Platform
- Toyota Unveils the 2023 Crown, a Lifted Hybrid Sedan With 340 HP
- Volkswagen to Revive Scout Name With Fully-Electric Off-Roaders
- Tesla Challenger NIO Inc. Delivers its 200,000 Electric Vehicle, a Significant Milestone
- Tesla Rival XPeng and Alibaba Cloud Set Up China’s Largest Cloud-Based Computing Center to Train Machine Learning Models for Autonomous Driving
- New Intelligent EV Company JiDU Reveals its Revolutionary Concept Production 'Robocar'
- Ford Closes Orders for 2022 Mustang Mach-E Because of Demand
- Apple Reveals the Next-Gen Version of CarPlay, Which Takes Over a Vehicle’s Entire Dashboard and Screens