GMC Drops First Teaser For Sierra Denali EV Pickup
【Summary】With Chevrolet expected to come out with a Silverado EV, GMC will be getting its own version in the form of the Sierra Denali EV.
The GMC Hummer EV Pickup may be the crown jewel in General Motors' electric portfolio at the moment, but the automaker is working on another pickup that should be more affordable and aimed at regular consumers. Before the holiday season, GMC wanted to give its fans something to get excited about by releasing a teaser image of the upcoming all-electric Sierra Denali pickup truck.
GM Has Another Electric Truck
The teaser image of the Sierra Denali pickup highlights the truck's front end, which is radically different from the one found on the gas-powered model. The blunt nose of the pickup truck is the focal point of the picture. It features a dramatic hood, catchy L-shaped lighting, and an enormous GMC badge that's illuminated. Instead of the current model's massive grille, the teased electric pickup has a rectangular grille that's just as large, but is a single panel. It's also outlined with an attractive LED light. GMC also released a video of the electric Sierra Denali's startup sequence and it's quite dramatic.
Beyond showcasing the front end and what the lights look like, details on the electric pickup are scarce. With Denali being in the name, we expect the pickup to only be offered in the range-topping trim with all of the bells and whistles. The pickup will utilize GM's Ultium batteries and electric vehicle platform. The truck will be built at GM's Factory Zero plant in Detroit and Hamtramck, Michigan.
With the Chevrolet Silverado EV set to make its introduction at the Consumer Electronics Show that starts on January 5, we expect to see GMC's option debut shortly after. When the truck will enter into production and go on sale is a little different. The Chevrolet Silverado EV will go into production in 2023, so we expect to see something similar with the GMC Sierra Denali EV.
Silverado VS Sierra
One thing that we're interested to see is how much the Silverado EV and Sierra Denali EV share when it comes to performance and range. The Silverado EV is expected to offer up to 400 miles of range and have four-wheel steering. With GMC's electric pickups being more expensive and luxurious over Chevrolet's options, it's going to be interesting to see how these two automakers make the trucks different from one another.
By the time the GMC Sierra Denali EV and Chevrolet Silverado EV come out, the electric pickup truck market is going to be packed with options. The Ford F-150 Lightning, Tesla Cybertruck, Rivian R1T, and GMC Hummer EV Pickup will all be available before 2023 rolls around.
Vineeth Joel Patel
Joel Patel has been covering all aspects of the automotive industry for four years as an editor and freelance writer for various websites. When it comes to cars, he enjoys covering the merger between technology and cars. In his spare time, Joel likes to watch baseball, work on his car, and try new foods
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk Now PHEV Only
Acura Prevision EV Concept Previews Brand’s Electric Future
Hyundai Gets Serious About Electric Performance Cars, Shows off Two Concepts
Ford Looks to Have 100% of EV Sales Be Online
Volkswagen CEO Believes It Will Overtake Tesla in EV Sales by 2025
Report Claims Nissan Leaf Will Be Discontinued by 2025
Autonomous Vehicles Will Require Cities to Change Their Transportation Methods
Rivian, Mercedes-Benz Partner to Produce Electric Commercial Vans
- New Intelligent EV Company JiDU Reveals its Revolutionary Concept Production 'Robocar'
- Apple Reveals the Next-Gen Version of CarPlay, Which Takes Over a Vehicle’s Entire Dashboard and Screens
- Rivian Discontinues Base Model for R1S, R1T
- GM's Cruise Becomes First Company to Receive Permit to Charge for Autonomous Rides
- Volkswagen Announces Pricing and Styling Updates for the 2023 ID.4 Electric SUV, Which is Being Assembled in Tennessee
- Toyota’s Redesigned Prius May Get More Drivers Behind the Wheel of a Hybrid Vehicle
- Construction of Panasonic’s New EV Battery Factory in Kansas to Start in November
- Toyota’s New ‘Intelligent Assistant’ Learns Voice Commands and Gets Smarter Over Time Using Machine Learning
- China’s Tesla Rival XPeng Unveils its New ‘S4’ 480kW Electric Vehicle Supercharger That Can Add 125 Miles of Range in Just 5 Minutes
- EV Startup Fisker Announces ‘Fisker Finance’ a Digital Financing Platform for Purchasing the Electric Ocean SUV