The 2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E Electric SUV Gets New Updates, Prices Start at $43,895
【Summary】2022 Mustang Mach-E offers more range than its predecessor and gets updates, including new paint options and alloy wheels. Prices for the entry-level variant of the crossover start at $43,895.
The popularity of Ford's electric Mustang Mach-E SUV is at an all-time high right now. Earlier this month, the New York City Police Dept placed an order for 184 Mach-Es, which will be used for emergency response and law enforcement purposes.
Now Ford has revealed the pricing for the 2022 Mach E, which comes with a wide range of new upgrades.
Last year, we reported that the 2022 Mach-E would offer more range after an ordering guide for the 2022 model surfaced online. True to our report, the newest version of the Mach-E offers more range than its predecessor, as well as other updates, including new paint options and alloy wheels.
True to the specifications mentioned in the leaked ordering guide, the new standard range Mach-E comes equipped with a 70 kWh battery pack. However, a larger, 91 kWh battery pack is available in the extended range version for the Mach E. In addition to the battery upgrades, by improving the charging curve of the 2022 Mach-E beyond 80%, Ford managed to preserve the battery longevity of the electric crossover.
Compared to the 305-mile range of the 2021 Mach-E with an 88 kWh battery pack, the new extended range variant offers an EPA estimated range of 314 miles on a full charge.
Customers can also now order the Premium grade variant of the 2022 Mach-E with Ford's "Ice White Appearance" package. Owners who opt for this variant will get Oxford White Mustang pony badges, 19-inch aluminum wheels with Oxford white painted pockets, Star White mirror caps, Oxford White front door badging and a Star White metallic tri-coat paint option.
Inside the cabin, we find that the Mach E's dashboard, center armrest, door panels, and seats are now wrapped in gloss white leather. The Mustang logo on the steering wheel also flaunts a white finish. Furthermore, all 2022 GT and GT Performance Edition models will get a blackout roof as standard.
Ford will also offer Cyber Orange Metallic Tri-coat and Grabber Blue metallic paint options on all Mach-E models.
Ford has also announced that customers can now buy Mach-E California Route 1 edition with all-wheel-drive. The Mach-E California Route 1 is also available with a heated steering wheel and seats.
The order banks for the 2022 electric crossover are now open. We expect the first batch of Mach Es with the improved range numbers will hit the market sometime in Q1.
Prices for the entry-level Mach E electric crossover start at $43,895 before the federal EV tax credit.
Manish Kharinta is a automotive writer based in the Los Angeles area. He has worked for automotive industry websites TheSmokingClutch.com, CarDekho.com and CarBikeindia.com. His experience ranges from covering auto shows, to car reviews and breaking automotive news. Manish aims to bring forth his unique perspective on automotive design and technological innovations in the automotive industry.
Ford's Lincoln Star Concept Offers a Glimpse into the Electric Future of the Luxury Brand
GM's New 'Plug And Charge' Feature Will Simplify the Charging Process For its Current & Future EVs
Volvo is Building a New EV Service and Training Facility at its U.S. Headquarters in New Jersey To Fast Track its Electrification Plans
Honda's New EV Friendly Retail Plans Hint at the End of Mega Dealerships
Volvo Cars and Epic Games to Partner on a High-Resolution 3D Digital Driver’s Display Powered by the Unreal Engine
Here's One Way Lucid Motors Made the Air Sedan More Spacious for Passengers
The 2023 Polestar 2: Delivery Updates, New Pricing, Color Options and New Tech
The Genesis X Speedium Coupe EV Concept Debuts in New York City
- The World’s First Level-4 Automated Parking Feature Developed by Mercedes-Benz and Bosch is Approved for Commercial Use
- China’s New Intelligent EV company JIDU Launches its Limited-Edition Robocar Called the ‘ROBO-01 Lunar Edition’
- New Intelligent EV Company JiDU Reveals its Revolutionary Concept Production 'Robocar'
- GM CEO Mary Barra Shares the First Look at the New Chevy Blazer EV Launching in Spring 2023
- Porsche Looking to Boost its Profits as its Prepares for a 2022 IPO That Could Value the Company as High as $81.4 Billion
- Vietnam-based Electric Vehicle Startup VinFast Ships its First Vehicles to the U.S.
- Polestar Shares the First Image of the Polestar 3 Electric SUV Ahead of its October Debut
- Acura Prevision EV Concept Previews Brand’s Electric Future
- GM's Rebate of up to $6,000 on the Bolt EV and EUV Has a Big Stipulation
- China’s Tesla Rival XPeng Unveils its New ‘S4’ 480kW Electric Vehicle Supercharger That Can Add 125 Miles of Range in Just 5 Minutes