The 2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E Electric SUV Gets New Updates, Prices Start at $43,895
【Summary】2022 Mustang Mach-E offers more range than its predecessor and gets updates, including new paint options and alloy wheels. Prices for the entry-level variant of the crossover start at $43,895.
The popularity of Ford's electric Mustang Mach-E SUV is at an all-time high right now. Earlier this month, the New York City Police Dept placed an order for 184 Mach-Es, which will be used for emergency response and law enforcement purposes.
Now Ford has revealed the pricing for the 2022 Mach E, which comes with a wide range of new upgrades.
Last year, we reported that the 2022 Mach-E would offer more range after an ordering guide for the 2022 model surfaced online. True to our report, the newest version of the Mach-E offers more range than its predecessor, as well as other updates, including new paint options and alloy wheels.
True to the specifications mentioned in the leaked ordering guide, the new standard range Mach-E comes equipped with a 70 kWh battery pack. However, a larger, 91 kWh battery pack is available in the extended range version for the Mach E. In addition to the battery upgrades, by improving the charging curve of the 2022 Mach-E beyond 80%, Ford managed to preserve the battery longevity of the electric crossover.
Compared to the 305-mile range of the 2021 Mach-E with an 88 kWh battery pack, the new extended range variant offers an EPA estimated range of 314 miles on a full charge.
Customers can also now order the Premium grade variant of the 2022 Mach-E with Ford's "Ice White Appearance" package. Owners who opt for this variant will get Oxford White Mustang pony badges, 19-inch aluminum wheels with Oxford white painted pockets, Star White mirror caps, Oxford White front door badging and a Star White metallic tri-coat paint option.
Inside the cabin, we find that the Mach E's dashboard, center armrest, door panels, and seats are now wrapped in gloss white leather. The Mustang logo on the steering wheel also flaunts a white finish. Furthermore, all 2022 GT and GT Performance Edition models will get a blackout roof as standard.
Ford will also offer Cyber Orange Metallic Tri-coat and Grabber Blue metallic paint options on all Mach-E models.
Ford has also announced that customers can now buy Mach-E California Route 1 edition with all-wheel-drive. The Mach-E California Route 1 is also available with a heated steering wheel and seats.
The order banks for the 2022 electric crossover are now open. We expect the first batch of Mach Es with the improved range numbers will hit the market sometime in Q1.
Prices for the entry-level Mach E electric crossover start at $43,895 before the federal EV tax credit.
Manish Kharinta is a automotive writer based in the Los Angeles area. He has worked for automotive industry websites TheSmokingClutch.com, CarDekho.com and CarBikeindia.com. His experience ranges from covering auto shows, to car reviews and breaking automotive news. Manish aims to bring forth his unique perspective on automotive design and technological innovations in the automotive industry.
The 2023 Polestar 2: Delivery Updates, New Pricing, Color Options and New Tech
Ford's Lincoln Star Concept Offers a Glimpse into the Electric Future of the Luxury Brand
The Genesis X Speedium Coupe EV Concept Debuts in New York City
Quick Comparison: German-Made Tesla Model Y vs. the China-Made Version
Toyota Increases the Range of its bZ4X Electric Crossover Ahead of its European Launch This Summer
The Ford F-150 Lightning Towed a 10,000 Pound Trailer Across Two of America's Toughest Towing Routes
General Motors Teases the All-New 'Blazer SS' Electric SUV
Tesla's is Expediting Model 3 & Model Y Reservations That Include its $12,000 Full Self-Driving Add-On
- Electric Vehicle Startup Xpeng Inc Builds its 100,000th P7 Smart Sedan, Unveils a New High-Performance ‘Black Label Edition’
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk Makes New Claim To Introduce Robotaxi by 2024
- A Reborn DeLorean Motor Company Might Find Success as a New Performance Electric Car Brand
- Uber to Make Taxis Available on its Ride-Hailing App in San Francisco in a New Partnership with Flywheel Technologies
- Mercedes-Benz to Use Vehicle Sensor Data to Monitor Road Conditions in Real-Time in a New Large-Scale Pilot in the Netherlands
- Nissan’s New Lidar-based Advanced Driver Assist Technology in Development Will Automatically Intervene to Avoid Collisions
- Stellantis Launches a $300 Million Euro Venture Capital Fund That Will Invest in Innovative Automotive Technology Startups
- Autonomous Ride-Share Startup May Mobility Announces Minority Investment & New Partnership With Tire Maker Bridgestone Americas
- Washington State Attempts to Ban Gas-Powered Cars Again
- Honda is Developing Three New EV Platforms by 2030, Including One That Will Be Shared With GM, Executive Says