Customers don't ask the brand name of safety systems when they purchase a new car
【Summary】Autoliv, a Swedish auto company founded in 1956, is one of the major suppliers of occupant protection systems.
Autoliv, a Swedish auto company founded in 1956, is one of the major suppliers of occupant protection systems. Including their proving grounds, and 12 global R&D centers, Autoliv has over 80 factories in 30 countries all of the world. They wish to become the leading supplier of safety systems for the cars of the future.
And in order to keep their high-ranking status, Autoliv spends over 8% of the annual sales volume for research, development and innovating new products. Compared with one of their Japanese competitors, Takata, Autoliv is not only a world-class supplier, but also a conscientious enterprise.
Autoliv's main products including all passive and active safety systems. The most famous is their air bag restraint system which is already wildly used in luxury cars like BBA, VOLVO, PORSCHE, LAND ROVER and LEXUS. Their air bags have the right size, quality, stability and other technical indicators. They are the benchmark in the field of air bags.
In China they have some major customers -- covering the brands of high-end models. Visual reversing radar, seat belts, child safety seats and other items are their signature products. In China, when consumers buy a car, they only ask if the car has airbags. They usually don't ask about the brand of the airbag. A well-made airbag can safe someone's life, so this is important. Inferior airbags can be deadly.
These days, in both Europe and the United States, most luxury cars have adopted the ACC system from Autoliv. The European and American cars have used the lead generation of millimeter wave radar products. Their typical model is VOLVO.
Autoliv is happy to provide safety products for China's major auto brands like Great Wall, as well as several others.
Autoliv China has over a dozen joint ventures in China and Taiwan. Their China HQ and head R&D office are located in Shanghai. Their products made in China include steering wheels, seat belts and airbags, electronic control systems, and other ancillary security products. So far they've gotten a decent market share. Autoliv is also working on night vision systems, radar systems and video systems.
- Cadillac Will Reveal its First Ever Electric Vehicle in April
- Baidu is Building a 5G-Powered, 20 Square Kilometer Test Site for Connected & Autonomous Vehicles in Chongqing, China
- GM’s Self-Driving Arm Cruise Granted Permit to Pick Up Passengers in its Robotaxis in California
- Rivian, Amazon Provide New Details on Upcoming Electric Vans
- Tesla to Deliver the First China-made Model 3s on Dec. 30
- California's State Assembly is Pushing a Bill to Speed Up the Construction of New EV Charging Sites
- Electric Scooter Sharing Startup Lime Now Knows if You’re Riding on the Sidewalk
- Reservations Are Full for the First Edition of Ford’s Electric Mach-E Mustang-inspired Crossover
- German Researchers Manufacture Intelligent Ears for Cars
- Einride is Hiring the First ‘Remote Autonomous Truck Operator’ in the Industry