Customers don't ask the brand name of safety systems when they purchase a new car
【Summary】Autoliv, a Swedish auto company founded in 1956, is one of the major suppliers of occupant protection systems.
Autoliv, a Swedish auto company founded in 1956, is one of the major suppliers of occupant protection systems. Including their proving grounds, and 12 global R&D centers, Autoliv has over 80 factories in 30 countries all of the world. They wish to become the leading supplier of safety systems for the cars of the future.
And in order to keep their high-ranking status, Autoliv spends over 8% of the annual sales volume for research, development and innovating new products. Compared with one of their Japanese competitors, Takata, Autoliv is not only a world-class supplier, but also a conscientious enterprise.
Autoliv's main products including all passive and active safety systems. The most famous is their air bag restraint system which is already wildly used in luxury cars like BBA, VOLVO, PORSCHE, LAND ROVER and LEXUS. Their air bags have the right size, quality, stability and other technical indicators. They are the benchmark in the field of air bags.
In China they have some major customers -- covering the brands of high-end models. Visual reversing radar, seat belts, child safety seats and other items are their signature products. In China, when consumers buy a car, they only ask if the car has airbags. They usually don't ask about the brand of the airbag. A well-made airbag can safe someone's life, so this is important. Inferior airbags can be deadly.
These days, in both Europe and the United States, most luxury cars have adopted the ACC system from Autoliv. The European and American cars have used the lead generation of millimeter wave radar products. Their typical model is VOLVO.
Autoliv is happy to provide safety products for China's major auto brands like Great Wall, as well as several others.
Autoliv China has over a dozen joint ventures in China and Taiwan. Their China HQ and head R&D office are located in Shanghai. Their products made in China include steering wheels, seat belts and airbags, electronic control systems, and other ancillary security products. So far they've gotten a decent market share. Autoliv is also working on night vision systems, radar systems and video systems.
- Audi & Qualcomm to Deploy Cellular Vehicle-to-Everything Technology on Virginia Roadways That Will Alert Drivers When Workers Are Present
- Michigan-based Electric Truck Startup Bollinger Motors Moves into New Headquarters as the Company Prepares to Ramp Up Operations
- Tesla Challenger Lucid Motors Announces the More Affordable Version of its Air Sedan
- Ford Unveils its New Bronco Family of Rugged SUVs After a 25-Year Hiatus
- Tesla Plans to Export its China-made Model 3s to Asia & Europe, Sources Say
- California Governor Signs Executive Order Banning the Sale of New Combustion Engine Vehicles by 2035
- Tesla’s ‘Full Self-Driving’ Beta Coming This Week
- Ford to Utilize Augmented Reality to Sell Mustang Mach-E
- Chinese Automaker Li Auto Files for a U.S. IPO
- Apple iPhone Assembler Foxconn Wants to Supply the Components for 10% of the World’s EVs