Jeep Announces Pricing for the 2022 Grand Cherokee 4xe PHEV, the First-Ever Hybrid Version
【Summary】Jeep has announced pricing for the 2022 Grand Cherokee 4xe hybrid SUV, which the automaker says is the most planet-friendly vehicle in its class. Prices for the Grand Cherokee 4xe (pronounced “4-by-e”) PHEV start at $57,700, which does not include a $1,795 destination fee. The all-new Grand Cherokee 4xe will start arriving at dealerships across U.S. this spring.
In Sept 2021, we were impressed when Jeep's parent company Stellantis shared details about the performance and off-road capability of the new Wrangler 4xe plug-in hybrid. Since then, Stellantis has announced it will invest more than $35 billion towards its electric future. By 2030, the global auto group wants its electrified portfolio to be responsible for 40% of its U.S. sales.
Also in September, Jeep introduced the refreshed 2022 Grand Cherokee to much fanfare with its updated design. The automaker also announced at the time that a Grand Cherokee 4xe PHEV variant will be joining the lineup for the very first. Now Jeep has announced pricing for its new hybrid SUV.
Jeep describes the Grand Cherokee 4xe as the most planet-friendly vehicle in its class.
Prices for the Jeep Grand Cherokee 4xe (pronounced "4-by-e") start at $57,700, which does not include a $1,795 destination fee. This means that at $59,495, the entry-level 4xe model costs $20,310 more than the gas-powered version of the 2022 Grand Cherokee, which starts at just $39,185.
In total, prospective Grand Cherokee 4xe customers can pick from five different trim levels. The prices for the top-of-the-line "Summit Reserve" model start at $76,095 (including destination fee).
According to Jeep's own estimates, the 2022 grand Cherokee 4xe can deliver 56 MPGe of fuel economy. So that basically means you have to pay 1.5 times the cost of a standard Grand Cherokee if you want the more environmentally friendly hybrid version of the nameplate.
However, for the additional cost, you do get a lot of equipment as standard. This includes a 10-inch passenger touch screen, heated leather seats and Jeep's Quadra-Trac II 4WD system.
Under the hood of the 2022 Grand Cherokee 4xe, we find a 2-liter turbocharged powerplant that is mated to a pair of electric motors. The four-cylinder hybrid-electric powertrain of the Grand Cherokee 4xe churns out 375 HP of maximum power and 470 lb-ft of peak torque. Towing capacity is rated as 6,000 lbs.
The Cherokee 4xe also comes with three driving modes, "eSave", "Hybrid" and "Electric". In Electric-only mode, the Grand Cherokee 4xe delivers just 25 miles of range. But since it's designed as a hybrid vehicle, the electric-only range is not much of a factor.
Jeep announced that the all-new Grand Cherokee 4xe will start arriving at dealerships across U.S. this spring.
Manish Kharinta is a automotive writer based in the Los Angeles area. He has worked for automotive industry websites TheSmokingClutch.com, CarDekho.com and CarBikeindia.com. His experience ranges from covering auto shows, to car reviews and breaking automotive news. Manish aims to bring forth his unique perspective on automotive design and technological innovations in the automotive industry.
Ford's Lincoln Star Concept Offers a Glimpse into the Electric Future of the Luxury Brand
GM's New 'Plug And Charge' Feature Will Simplify the Charging Process For its Current & Future EVs
Volvo is Building a New EV Service and Training Facility at its U.S. Headquarters in New Jersey To Fast Track its Electrification Plans
Honda's New EV Friendly Retail Plans Hint at the End of Mega Dealerships
Volvo Cars and Epic Games to Partner on a High-Resolution 3D Digital Driver’s Display Powered by the Unreal Engine
Here's One Way Lucid Motors Made the Air Sedan More Spacious for Passengers
The 2023 Polestar 2: Delivery Updates, New Pricing, Color Options and New Tech
The Genesis X Speedium Coupe EV Concept Debuts in New York City
- Hyundai Unveils the IONIQ 6 ‘Electric Streamliner’, its Bold Sedan With a 380-Mile Range and 18-Minute Charging Time
- Volkswagen’s Software Unit CARIAD to Co-Develop a System-on-Chip With STMicroelectronics for the Automaker’s Future Software-defined Vehicles
- Rivian to Install Electric Vehicle Chargers in Michigan State Parks as Part of a New Partnership
- Reservations for the Electric Fisker Ocean SUV Reach 50,000, The Company Shares New Details About its Second EV Being Built by Foxconn
- China’s New Intelligent EV company JIDU Launches its Limited-Edition Robocar Called the ‘ROBO-01 Lunar Edition’
- Here’s How Waymo Uses Hyper-Local Weather Data to Improve the Capabilities of its Self-Driving Vehicles
- Tesla Rival NIO Plans to Produce its Own EV Battery Packs to Improve Profitability
- Good Time to Buy Into China's EV Industry
- Panasonic Announces Multi-Year Agreement to Supply Electric Vehicle Batteries to Lucid Group
- Intel’s Self-Driving Car Unit Mobileye Postpones its Planned U.S. IPO That Could Value the Company up to $50 Billion