Ford Unveils the Rugged F-150 ‘Rattler', a New Off-Road Package for its Best Selling Truck
【Summary】Ford Motor Co announced an entry-level off-road package for the popular gas-powered F-150 pickup called the “Rattler”. The new F-150 Rattler package is targeted at adventure-seeking customers looking for a stylish truck with standard four-wheel drive for exceptional off-road capability, according to Ford.
There is a lot of buzz surrounding the launch of the new battery-powered F-150 Lightning. But automaker Ford has two other hits with the rugged new Bronco SUV and Maverick hybrid pickup truck. Now the automaker has revealed an new entry-level off-road package for the popular gas-powered F-150 called "Rattler".
F-150 Rattler is targeted at adventure-seeking customers looking for a stylish truck with standard four-wheel drive for exceptional off-road capability, which rival Rivian is trying to cater to with its electric R1T pickup.
The F-150 Rattler package is built off the XL series version of Ford's most popular truck. The automaker added skid plates for a more confident off-road experience. Other features include electronic rear-locking differential for better off-road traction, hill descent control for precision throttle and braking on steep descents, and specially tuned off-road shock absorbers for increased stability over rough terrain.
Ford also added standard all-terrain tires for versatility and capability.
"Our new F-150 Rattler offers aspiring adventurers an off-road option with expressive looks and capability in one package," said Todd Eckert, Ford truck group marketing manager. "This truck builds off the F-150 off-road legacy while allowing us to introduce new customers to the right blend of styling and value in the F-150 lineup."
The F-150 Rattler package also features a dual exhaust system for a more aggressive sound, as well as painted 18-inch aluminum wheels to give the truck a sporty look.
Ford also added F-150 Rattler badging on the fender vents and rattlesnake-inspired graphics to complete its bold appearance. Exterior color choices include Oxford White, Avalanche, Iconic Silver, Carbonized Gray, Antimatter Blue, Stone Gray, Agate Black and Rapid Red TriCoat.
The interior features Onyx seats featuring burnished bronze accents and stitching that matches the trim on the instrument panel that keeps with the desert-inspired theme of the new F-150 Rattler.
Based on its looks and capability, the F-150 Rattler could become a big seller for buyers looking for a rugged and dependable truck that they can take off-road, even though its not fully-electric.
The 2023 F-150 Rattler goes on sale this fall.
EV Startup Faraday Future Moves its Headquarters to China
Lucid’s New ‘Stealth Look’ Appearance Package for the Electric Air Sedan Compliments its High Performance DNA
Toyota’s Redesigned Prius May Get More Drivers Behind the Wheel of a Hybrid Vehicle
Toyota to Collaborate With Texas-based Utility Provider Oncor to Accelerate a Vehicle-to-Grid EV Charging Ecosystem
Stellantis to Idle its Illinois Assembly Plant Indefinitely, Citing the High Costs of Electric Vehicles
Apple Delays its Long Rumored Electric ‘Apple Car’ Until 2026, According to Sources
The World’s First Level-4 Automated Parking Feature Developed by Mercedes-Benz and Bosch is Approved for Commercial Use
Hyundai Motor Group Signs MoU with SK On Co. to Secure Batteries for EVs Built in the U.S.
- China’s CATL to Supply Honda with 123 GWh of Electric Vehicle Batteries by 2030
- AI-Powered Computer Vision Perception Developer StradVision Closes on $88 Million Series C Funding Round
- Federal Tax Credit on EVs Still Applies to American-Made Vehicles
- Ford Looks to Have 100% of EV Sales Be Online
- Biden Administration Announces New Standards to Make EV Chargers More Accessible
- Here’s How Waymo Uses Hyper-Local Weather Data to Improve the Capabilities of its Self-Driving Vehicles
- Qualcomm and its Industry Partners Demonstrate C-V2X Technology in Georgia That Ensures School Buses and Fire Trucks Never Get Stuck at Red Lights
- Mercedes-Benz Begins Production of the Highly Anticipated EQS Electric SUV in Alabama
- BMW to Test a New Battery in the iX Electric SUV Developed By Michigan Startup Our Next Energy Inc. That Can Deliver 600 Miles of Range
- The Polestar 5 Sedan Will Have Dual Electric Motors With 884 HP