Ford Unveils the Rugged F-150 ‘Rattler', a New Off-Road Package for its Best Selling Truck
【Summary】Ford Motor Co announced an entry-level off-road package for the popular gas-powered F-150 pickup called the “Rattler”. The new F-150 Rattler package is targeted at adventure-seeking customers looking for a stylish truck with standard four-wheel drive for exceptional off-road capability, according to Ford.
There is a lot of buzz surrounding the launch of the new battery-powered F-150 Lightning. But automaker Ford has two other hits with the rugged new Bronco SUV and Maverick hybrid pickup truck. Now the automaker has revealed an new entry-level off-road package for the popular gas-powered F-150 called "Rattler".
F-150 Rattler is targeted at adventure-seeking customers looking for a stylish truck with standard four-wheel drive for exceptional off-road capability, which rival Rivian is trying to cater to with its electric R1T pickup.
The F-150 Rattler package is built off the XL series version of Ford's most popular truck. The automaker added skid plates for a more confident off-road experience. Other features include electronic rear-locking differential for better off-road traction, hill descent control for precision throttle and braking on steep descents, and specially tuned off-road shock absorbers for increased stability over rough terrain.
Ford also added standard all-terrain tires for versatility and capability.
"Our new F-150 Rattler offers aspiring adventurers an off-road option with expressive looks and capability in one package," said Todd Eckert, Ford truck group marketing manager. "This truck builds off the F-150 off-road legacy while allowing us to introduce new customers to the right blend of styling and value in the F-150 lineup."
The F-150 Rattler package also features a dual exhaust system for a more aggressive sound, as well as painted 18-inch aluminum wheels to give the truck a sporty look.
Ford also added F-150 Rattler badging on the fender vents and rattlesnake-inspired graphics to complete its bold appearance. Exterior color choices include Oxford White, Avalanche, Iconic Silver, Carbonized Gray, Antimatter Blue, Stone Gray, Agate Black and Rapid Red TriCoat.
The interior features Onyx seats featuring burnished bronze accents and stitching that matches the trim on the instrument panel that keeps with the desert-inspired theme of the new F-150 Rattler.
Based on its looks and capability, the F-150 Rattler could become a big seller for buyers looking for a rugged and dependable truck that they can take off-road, even though its not fully-electric.
The 2023 F-150 Rattler goes on sale this fall.
Ford Announces the Largest Utility Agreement in the U.S. History to Assemble All of its Vehicles in Michigan Using 100% Renewable Energy by 2025
Lucid’s New ‘Stealth Look’ Appearance Package for the Electric Air Sedan Compliments its High Performance DNA
Volkswagen Announces Pricing and Styling Updates for the 2023 ID.4 Electric SUV, Which is Being Assembled in Tennessee
Ford Unveils the F-150 Lightning Special Service Vehicle, a Fully Electric Pickup for Police Departments
Volkswagen Group China Unveils its ‘Flying Tiger’ Electric Vertical Take-Off and Landing (eVTOL) Passenger Aircraft Prototype
Volkswagen Starts Production of the Electric ID.4 SUV in Tennessee, Presents New Competition for Tesla, GM and Ford
Lucid Group Hires Key Executives that Formerly Worked for Mercedes-Benz and Tesla as it Prepares for Global Expansion and Production Ramp Up
Volkswagen Group of America President and CEO is Appointed to Lead the Automaker's New Electric Off-Road Truck Division ‘Scout’
- Here's One Way Lucid Motors Made the Air Sedan More Spacious for Passengers
- Sony, Honda Sign Agreement for Joint EV Brand
- Volkswagen’s Software Unit CARIAD Selects Innoviz as its Direct Lidar Supplier for the Automaker's Future Software-Defined Vehicles
- Ford CFO Claims Inflation Has Erased Mustang Mach-E Profits
- Volvo’s EV Brand Polestar Reports Record Q1 Sales, its New SUV Will Be Officially Unveiled in October
- GM Expanding First Responder Training Program for EV Crashes
- Rivian to Install Electric Vehicle Chargers in Michigan State Parks as Part of a New Partnership
- Elon Musk’s Deal to Buy Twitter for $44B is Put ‘On Hold’ as Tesla Loses $400B in Market Cap Since the Plans Were First Made Public
- China’s Baidu Reveals the Apollo RT6, a Fully Autonomous, Production Ready Level-4 Robotaxi with Removable Steering Wheel
- The Tesla Model Y and Model 3 Take the 1st and 2nd Place Spots in the Annual Cars.com ‘American-Made Index’