Ford Motor Co to Recall 737,000 Vehicles, Including the New Bronco, for Oil Leaks, Trailer Brake Control Software
【Summary】U.S. automaker Ford Motor Co is conducting a large vehicle recall to address two separate problems, the company said on Friday. Ford is recalling roughly 737,000 vehicles in the United States for an engine part that could develop an oil leak and another for a hydraulic brake system software error that can inhibit braking.
U.S. automaker Ford Motor Co is conducting a large recall to address two separate problems with its vehicles, the company said on Friday. Ford is recalling roughly 737,000 vehicles in the United States for an engine part that could develop an oil leak and another for a hydraulic brake system software error that can inhibit braking.
Ford is recalling 345,451 of its 2020-2022 Ford Escape SUVs and 2021-2022 Ford Bronco Sport vehicles equipped with 1.5L engines because the engine oil separator housing could crack and develop an oil leak that might lead to an engine fire. Ford said it had reports of at least eight fires that may be related to the issue.
Dealers will inspect the oil separator for damage or oil leaks, and replace the oil separator and seals, if needed.
The other recall involves 391,836 2021-2022 F-150 pickups, 2022 Ford Maverick pickups, Expedition, Lincoln Navigator, F-250, F-350, F-450 and F-550 heavy-duty vehicles because a towed trailer equipped with an electric or electric-over hydraulic brake system might not brake.
The Trailer Brake Controller system in Ford vehicles is designed to apply the brakes electronically on the trailer being towed when the driver applies the brakes on the towing vehicle.
Dealers will update the trailer brake control module software on the vehicles. Ford said it has 67 reports of improper function potentially related to the issue but no reports of crashes or injuries related to the recall.
Also this week, Ford announced an new entry-level off-road package for the popular F-150 pickup called "Rattler". The F-150 Rattler package is built off the XL series version of Ford's most popular truck.
The F-150 Rattler is targeted at adventure-seeking customers looking for a stylish truck with standard four-wheel drive for exceptional off-road capability. The automaker added skid plates for a more confident off-road experience. Other features include an electronic rear-locking differential for better off-road traction, hill descent control and specially tuned off-road shock absorbers for increased stability over rough terrain.
Ford Announces the Largest Utility Agreement in the U.S. History to Assemble All of its Vehicles in Michigan Using 100% Renewable Energy by 2025
Lucid’s New ‘Stealth Look’ Appearance Package for the Electric Air Sedan Compliments its High Performance DNA
Volkswagen Announces Pricing and Styling Updates for the 2023 ID.4 Electric SUV, Which is Being Assembled in Tennessee
Ford Unveils the F-150 Lightning Special Service Vehicle, a Fully Electric Pickup for Police Departments
Volkswagen Group China Unveils its ‘Flying Tiger’ Electric Vertical Take-Off and Landing (eVTOL) Passenger Aircraft Prototype
Volkswagen Starts Production of the Electric ID.4 SUV in Tennessee, Presents New Competition for Tesla, GM and Ford
Lucid Group Hires Key Executives that Formerly Worked for Mercedes-Benz and Tesla as it Prepares for Global Expansion and Production Ramp Up
Volkswagen Group of America President and CEO is Appointed to Lead the Automaker's New Electric Off-Road Truck Division ‘Scout’
- General Motors Announces Two Major Long-Term Supply Agreements for Enough Lithium and Cathode Material to Build 5 Million EVs
- Ford Motor Co Selects its Plant in Spain to Build 'Breakthrough' EVs for the European Market on a Next-Gen Architecture
- The New Lexus RZ 450e is Toyota’s Answer to the Tesla Model Y and Raises the Bar for Battery-Powered SUVs
- Hyundai to Launch Autonomous Ride-Hailing Service in South Korea
- GM's New 'Plug And Charge' Feature Will Simplify the Charging Process For its Current & Future EVs
- Report Claims Nissan Leaf Will Be Discontinued by 2025
- GM's Rebate of up to $6,000 on the Bolt EV and EUV Has a Big Stipulation
- EV Startup Fisker Inc to Produce its Second Vehicle in Ohio at Foxconn’s Newly Acquired Factory
- Lucid Group Announces Agreement With Government of Saudi Arabia to Purchase 100,000 of its Vehicles Over the Next Decade
- The Polestar 5 Sedan Will Have Dual Electric Motors With 884 HP