Volkswagen to Show Off the New ID. Buzz Microbus at Next Week's New York Auto Show
【Summary】Volkswagen is bringing its new ID Buzz Micro-van to the 2022 New York International Auto Show (NYIAS) next week after introducing the compact electric van at South by Southwest in Texas last month. The all-electric ID Buzz is a modern remake of Volkswagen’s iconic T1 Microbus and is the latest in a growing fleet of electric vehicles from Volkswagen. Its been completely redesigned as a fully-electric multi-purpose vehicle.
Volkswagen is bringing its new ID Buzz to the 2022 New York International Auto Show (NYIAS) after introducing the compact electric van at South by Southwest in Texas last month.
The all-electric ID Buzz is a modern remake of Volkswagen's iconic T1 Microbus and is the latest in a growing fleet of electric vehicles from Volkswagen.
Volkswagen took the iconic VW Bus that is often associated with the counterculture of the 1960s and completely redesigned it as a fully-electric multi-purpose vehicle. The ID.Buzz will be offered in two models, a passenger version and a cargo version for commercial use.
Volkswagen first unveiled the I.D. Buzz as a fully electric concept vehicle at the Detroit Show in early 2017. VW designed the concept to tap into the spirit and vibe that made the original such an iconic vehicle.
The passenger version of the ID Buzz will be offered in both a long and short wheelbase. The shorter wheelbase version will be sold in Europe later this year. The long-wheelbase version of the ID Buzz will be sold in North America in 2023 and will go on sale in 2024.
"Volkswagen is taking the lead in electromobility in a transformative way and the debut of ID. Buzz in New York is another exciting example of our progress," said Scott Keogh, President and CEO, Volkswagen Group of America. "We have accelerated the transformation to electromobility in the U.S. and we plan to continue leading this charge."
In December, Volkswagen confirmed that its commercial vehicle division will also produce the "ID California" electric leisure vehicle. This electric version of the iconic VW campervan will share its platform with the ID.Buzz.
The ID. Buzz is being built by Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles in Hanover, Germany on the automaker's dedicated Modular Electric Drive Kit (MEB) EV platform. VW's MEB is the world's first scalable mass production platform for all-electric vehicles and will be the foundation for many different electric models and segments.
All of VW's MEB-based EVs will support over-the-air software updates.
The in-person return of the auto show will include an all-new Electric Vehicle Test Track, which will occupy the entire first floor of the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in Manhattan, New York. Guests will be able to take a test ride in a wide range of electric vehicles including the new Volkswagen ID.4 SUV.
The VW ID. Buzz and ID.4 electric vehicles will be on display at the Volkswagen stand in the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in Manhattan during press days on April 13 and 14th, and public show days from April 15-24.
The NIO ET7 Will Come Standard With an Advanced Dolby Atmos-Powered Sound System Co-Developed With Audio Pioneer Dirac
Audi Hits EV Startup NIO With a Trademark Lawsuit Over its Vehicle Naming
EV Startup VinFast is Offering 3 Years of Free EV Charging and Advanced Driver Assist System for Customers That Reserve a Vehicle Through Sept 30
Ford Motor Co is Recalling 2.9 Million Vehicle That Could ‘Roll Away’ After the Transmission is Shifted Into Park
Ford Issues ‘Stop Sale’ of the Electric Mustang Mach-E Over Possible Loss of Propulsion While Driving
Tesla Rival NIO Plans to Produce its Own EV Battery Packs to Improve Profitability
China Added 963,000 Electric Vehicle Charging Piles Since January in its Push to Lead the World in EV Sales
The Affordable New Smart Brand Electric Crossover Designed by Mercedes-Benz Officially Launches in China
- Uber to Make Taxis Available on its Ride-Hailing App in San Francisco in a New Partnership with Flywheel Technologies
- Electric Vehicle Startup Xpeng Inc Builds its 100,000th P7 Smart Sedan, Unveils a New High-Performance ‘Black Label Edition’
- GM is Making an Additional $3.4 Billion Investment in Autonomous Driving Technology Developer Cruise, Will Acquires Softbank’s Stake in the Company
- Production of the Chevrolet Bolt EV and EUV Restarts After Battery Recall Last Year
- Mercedes-Benz to Use Vehicle Sensor Data to Monitor Road Conditions in Real-Time in a New Large-Scale Pilot in the Netherlands
- China’s NIO Inc is in Talks to License its EV Battery Swapping Technology to Other Automakers
- Mercedes-Benz Opens its Innovative New ‘Electric Software Hub’ in Sindelfingen, Germany
- The New Lexus RZ 450e is Toyota’s Answer to the Tesla Model Y and Raises the Bar for Battery-Powered SUVs
- Lucid Group to Integrate Wolfspeed’s Silicon Carbide (SiC) Semiconductors in the Lucid Air Sedan as Part of a New Supply Agreement
- Porsche Introduces its New ‘Road-to-X Initiative’ for the Servicing of Electric Vehicles With High-Voltage Batteries