Chinese Electric Vehicle Makers Swarm Into California, Chasing Tesla
Leadershipteam all ex-Tesla executives. Funded by Le Eco, China's . Ties to Aston Martin.. Formed in 2014. Based in Gardena, California. Nevada factory coming in 2018.
Wang Chuanfu. a 9% shareholder.Stands for Build Your Dreams. China's leading electric vehicle maker. Funded by billionaire
. Started with 10 people in 2015, now nearing 1,000. Bases in Shanghai, Munich and San Jose. Founded by Chinese Internet billionaire, Bitauto creator, William Li. Sequoia Capital and Hillhouse Capital money, too. Hired Cisco phenom Padmasree Warrior to lead U.S. operations.
Re-incarnated Fisker Automotive. Bought out of bankruptcy in 2014 for $149 million by China's Wanxiang Group. Operates from Costa Mesa. Coming soon: Plant in Moreno Valley.
. Beijing Automotive, partners with Mercedes and Hyundai in China, holds 25%. Faraday owner Jia Yueting owns shares, too. Engineers recruited from Stanford are writing world-class Atieva offices in Menlo Park. Website header: "To re-imagine the future, we're re-writing the rules."
resource from: Forbes
Velodyne adds a high-res version of its LiDAR sensor for autonomous driving
Tesla announces new ‘mobile design studios’ using Airstream trailers towed by the Model X
Baidu gets the green light to test self-driving cars on Google’s turf
Uber turns on electric vehicles in the UK, starting with 50 cars in London
Get ready to share the road with cars that have no one behind the wheel
Tesla enters car insurance business as self-driving cars prepare to disrupt the industry
Lyft reportedly declined GM’s $6 billion acquisition offer
Electric-car range anxiety exists, but it's overblown, says MIT study
- EV Startup SERES Hires Auto Industry Veteran to Lead its U.S. Operations
- Lidar Startup Luminar Raises $100 Million in Latest Funding Round, Is Working with 12 of the World’s Largest Automotive Companies
- Amazon Scout Driverless Delivery Machines Get to Work in California
- Tesla Drops its Lower-Priced Model S, X Variants, Cuts Price of Model 3 Sedan
- Driverless Software Startup Immense Simulations Receives $4.6 Million in Series A Funding
- BMW Receives Over 45,000 Pre-Orders for the Upcoming Mini Electric
- Mercedes-Benz’s Experimental Safety Vehicle Is More Than Just Another Autonomous Concept
- Tesla’s Share of the U.S. Plug-in Market Increases to 68% in June
- General Motors CEO Defends Plan to Sell its Shuttered Ohio Assembly Plant to EV Startup Workhorse
- Electric Bus Maker Proterra Hires Banks to Prepare for IPO