Karma Revero revealed, along with solar roof that powers the car
【Summary】Karma Revero revealed, along with solar roof that powers the car.
While we obviously know the general shape of the upcoming Karma Revero - it's based on the old Fisker Karma, after all – the exact details of the Revero are still a bit under wraps. Thankfully, today the Karma Automotive website was updated with some new information about the reborn plug-in hybrid. Say hello to what we know about the Revero.
The Fisker's solar roof is still there, but now Karma Automotive says that it, "will create enough energy to power the car." Now there's something we need more details on, but all that Karma is saying for now is that, "No other vehicle sold in the US has ever offered this capability. Our owners consider our solar roof an important element in our brand identity, and we listened." The front and rear Karma badges on each Revero will be are hand-painted. "No other car company has ever done this," Karma says. "Consider it a small but symbolic statement about craftsmanship and individuality." Sure, fine. Lastly, Karma says the infotainment system will be updated and says, "Our new infotainment system represents a departure from the norm. It is simple, intuitive, and beautiful. If you like a 200 page supplement to the owner's manual to describe your infotainment system, look elsewhere." In other words, whew.
If this all sounds a bit exclusive, you're right. Jim Taylor, Karma's chief revenue officer, said in a statement that, "Serving a mass market is not, and never will be, our purpose. The Revero is for a discerning group of individuals who desire beautiful, clean vehicles and a memorable ownership experience. We are thrilled to start this journey." Karma said earlier this week that it would sell the Revero through dealerships and company stores in 10 markets in North America.
Karma Automotive, which is owned by Wanxiang Group, will officially debut the vehicle at a launch party for the media and owners (that means Fisker Karma owners, since the Revero is not yet available) in Laguna Beach, California on September 8. A pre-order window for the Revero will open up for Fisker owners that same day. While we're there, we'll see if the rumors that the company also plans to bring the Atlantic concept to market are anything more than wishful thinking.
resource from: http://www.autoblog.com/2016/08/11/karma-revero-reveal-solar-roof/
Elon Musk confident that Tesla can attain staggering 20-fold increase in production speed in Fremont
Tesla responds to Mobileye’s comments on Autopilot, confirms new in-house ‘Tesla Vision’ product
Uber will repay thousands of riders for misleading them about tips
Faraday Future adds top VW executive to bring to market its upcoming electric vehicles
Hyperloop track construction in California is delayed
Federal funds to back Portland storefront for electric-car marketing, pop-up roadshows
Tesla announces a partnership in South Korea for first store and 25 charging stations
DOE small biz voucher awards include vehicles and fuel cells
- General Motors Announces Two Major Long-Term Supply Agreements for Enough Lithium and Cathode Material to Build 5 Million EVs
- Stellantis Acquires Autonomous Driving Software Startup aiMotive
- Honda and LG Energy Solutions to Build a $4.4 Billion Joint Venture EV Battery Plant in the U.S.
- Volvo Cars and Epic Games to Partner on a High-Resolution 3D Digital Driver’s Display Powered by the Unreal Engine
- Chevrolet Bolt EV, Bolt EUV Get Dramatic Price Cuts
- General Motors is Doubling its Super Cruise Hands-Free Driving Network to 400,000 Miles of Roads in North America
- Volkswagen Announces Pricing and Styling Updates for the 2023 ID.4 Electric SUV, Which is Being Assembled in Tennessee
- Valeo Signs Major Deal with BMW to Supply Advanced Driver Assist Hardware for the Automaker's Forthcoming 'Neue Klasse' EV Platform
- EV Startup Fisker Announces ‘Fisker Finance’ a Digital Financing Platform for Purchasing the Electric Ocean SUV
- Michigan-based May Mobility Closes on $111 Million Funding Round, Begins Development on Toyota’s Next-Gen Commercial Autonomous Vehicle Platform