Tesla releases teaser photo of its full size electric semi-truck
【Summary】At the 2017 TED Conference in Vancouver, the Tesla CEO Elon Musk revealed the first ever teaser image of the company's upcoming semi truck.
In typical Tesla fashion, Elon Musk announced his big, bold plans to shake up the trucking industry several weeks ago. We now get a glimpse of those plans. On Friday, April 28th (PDT) at the 2017 TED Conference in Vancouver, the Tesla CEO revealed the first ever teaser image of the company's upcoming semi-truck.
Video of the talk hasn't been posted but pictures from the event suggest the semi will be relatively aerodynamic and feature vertical LED headlights.
There are no other confirmed details about the truck, but Musk hinted the truck will "out-torque any diesel semi" and be agile "like a sports car." The outspoken executive also said "If you had a tug of war competition, the Tesla semi will tug the diesel semi uphill."
Musk is keeping details under wraps but he hinted the semi-truck is "seriously next level" and the team responsible for developing it has done an "amazing job." That's not much to go on but the executive has previously said the Tesla Semi will "deliver a substantial reduction in the cost of cargo transport, while increasing safety and making it really fun to operate."
Tesla wouldn't become the first company to develop an electric semi as BMW uses a truck built by Dutch manufacturer Terberg to deliver parts to the company's plant in Munich, Germany.
Musk said the company is still working on a pickup truck, and it will be unveiled within 18 to 24 months. The outspoken executive also reiterated plans for a new Roadster, which was Tesla's first vehicle introduced in 2008.
resource from: www.businessinsider.com
Originally hailing from New Jersey, Eric is a automotive & technology reporter covering the high-tech industry here in Silicon Valley. He has over 15 years of automotive experience and a bachelors degree in computer science. These skills, combined with technical writing and news reporting, allows him to fully understand and identify new and innovative technologies in the auto industry and beyond. He has worked at Uber on self-driving cars and as a technical writer, helping people to understand and work with technology.
Lucid Group Officially Starts Production of the Fully-Electric Lucid Air Sedan in Arizona, Customer Deliveries Will Begin Next Month
Ford Motor Co to Invest $11.4 Billion in 2 New Mega Campuses to Lead the U.S. in Electric Vehicle Production
The First Pre-Production Low Earth Orbit Satellite to Support Automaker Geely's Future Self-Driving Vehicles Rolls Off the Assembly Line
Volvo’s Electric-Performance Brand Polestar to Go Public in a $20 Billion SPAC Deal With Gores Guggenheim, Inc.
HT Aero, an Aviation Company Backed by Chinese EV Startup XPeng, Details its Latest ‘Flying Vehicle’ Named the X2
General Motors Invests $300 Million in Chinese Autonomous Driving Startup Momenta
The Volta Zero Electric Truck Will Be Powered by a ‘Connected Vehicle Software Platform’ Developed by Silicon Valley Startup Sibros
Ford to Partner with Tesla Co-founder’s New Startup Redwood Materials on EV Battery Recycling & U.S. Supply Chain
- EV Startup Fisker Inc. Announces a $600 Million Green Convertible Senior Notes Offering
- Ford Transforms the Electric Mach-E into a Michigan State Police Vehicle for a New Pilot
- Automotive Supplier Continental AG to Integrate AEye’s Long-Range Lidar in a Full-Stack Autonomous Driving Solution
- The New Mercedes-Benz AMG GT63 S E Plug-in Hybrid is the Most Powerful AMG Model Ever Made
- The 2022 Audi Q4 e-tron Specs & Pricing Announced
- Volkswagen ID Life Concept is a Peek at an Affordable City Electric Car
- J.D. Power Public Electric Charging Study Finds Tesla Comes Out on Top
- Luxury Brand Mercedes-Benz to Go All-Electric by 2030
- Tesla Ordered to Turn Over Autopilot Data to the NHTSA After the 12th Crash Involving an Emergency Vehicle
- The NHTSA to Require Crash Reports From Manufacturers of Vehicles Equipped with Level-2 & Higher Automated Driving Features